Smaller Players Report Increased Subs, Profits
- The Price of 3G. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;06/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on issues concerning the spending of carriers on third-generation (3G) licenses and technology. Amount spent by Australian wireless carrier Telstra to acquire 3G spectrum; Preparations taken for the transition to 3G technology; Discussion on when revenues from 3G spectrum will come in...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p42
Presents news items concerning the finances of wireless telecommunication companies, as of November 13, 2000.
- Untitled. // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
Presents an update on the financial performance of wireless communication companies as of March 2003. Details of the financing agreement between Finnish handset maker Benefon Oy and NRJ International LLC; Stock performance of Palm Inc. after the announcement of workforce reductions.
- RCR's wireless stockwatch. // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p22
Highlights the performance of stocks in the wireless communications industry in the United States for the week November 10, 1999. Includes Adaptive Broadband Corp.; Bell Atlantic Corp.; Nokia Corp.; Pinnacle Towers Inc.; Rural Cellular Corp.
- Qualcomm anticipates falling chip sales due to South Korea slowdown. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p30
Reports the earnings of Qualcomm Inc. as of June 2000. Anticipation on the decrease in chip sales; Drawbacks of the launching of code division multiple access markets; Impact of the Korean government rule stopping operators in subsidizing handsets on the company.
- Geoworks Claim Its WAP Rights. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the doubling of the market capitalization of wireless data company Geoworks Corp. Reason for the doubling of the company's market capitalization; Annual fee that will be charged by Geoworks for companies with more than one million revenue.
- RCR's wireless stockwatch. // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p20
Provides data about companies with stocks in the wireless communications business as of May 5, 1999. Gains and losses; Market diary; Indices.
- Business briefs. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p81
Presents financial news concerning wireless communication systems carriers in the United States as of February 1999. Includes rating received by Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd.'s convertible preferred stock due 2011 from Standard & poor's; Plantronics Inc.'s registration with the Securities...
- RCR's wireless stockwatch. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p38
Presents charts and graphs reflecting the stock performance of wireless communications carriers in the United States as of April 26, 1999. Gainers include Alcatel Alsthom, Alliant Communications and American Tower Corp.; Losers include ADS Telecommunications and Aerial Communications; Stock...