Carriers Getting Message On Wireless Data
- Kennard urges American Indian participation in seminar. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the invitation of the United States Federal Communications Commission to American Indian leaders to participate in a seminar on wireless communication systems. Towers and spectrum issues.
- FCC, Industry Mull Spectrum Solutions. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the forum held by the United States Federal Communications Commission to help deal with issue of limited wireless spectrum. Wireless companies whose executives voiced their opinions on the issue; Method of improving spectrum management that was discussed at the forum; Main problem...
- Holding The Line On Customer Care. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p41
Highlights the 2000 United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) forum outlining the public complaints against wireless communications companies. Statement issued by FCC Chairman William Kennard; Details on the surveys about the dissatisfaction of consumers on telecommunication...
- FCC releases wireless agenda. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
Announces the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) release of an agenda for the 1999 Wireless Day. Inclusion of an item regarding low-volume users of long-distance services; Consideration of further action on calling party pays; Analysis of competitive market conditions for...
- Telecommunications executives meet with the FCC at networking forum. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;04/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p58F
Reports on the meeting between top executives in the telecommunication industry and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to discuss issues related to wireless networks. Interoperability between traditional and emerging networks highlighted by Network Reliability and...
- Notices: FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register;5/15/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 94, p27868
The article offers information on the open meeting of the U.S. Federal Communication Commission to be held in Washington, D.C. on May 15, 2014 on subjects including wireline competition, wireless telecommunications and incentive auction in accordance with the Sunshine Act.
- Sugrue may address CPP, 911 issues by summer. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p10
Focuses on wireless communications-related issues that will be discussed at the Wireless Day conference on June 10, 1999, organized by the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. FCC Chairman William Kennard's support for the calling party...
- A Step Toward Togetherness. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p1
Highlights the 2002 Spectrum Summit organized by the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration in partnership with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Two topics debated heavily during the meeting; Statements from speakers and panelists.
- Full plate at FCC. C.S.S.; H.A.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p15
Presents the agenda taken up during the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) meeting on April 5, 1995. Includes FCC Chairman Reed Hunt's failure to win support for his children's programming week proposal; FCC's proposal to eliminate rule requiring networks to file copies of its agreements...