- Alcatel Claims International 3G Demo a Success. Mason, John // Electronic News;5/26/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reports on the claims of Alcatel that it successfully participated in the FOMA third-generation (3G) telecommunication system demonstration provided by NTT DoCoMo and KPN Mobile. Advantage of the interoperability of Alcatel's transmission systems and 3G wireless equipment; Characteristics of...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p5
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of February 12, 2001. Decision of NTT DoCoMo to suspend sales of its Java-capable handsets; Update on the initial public offering plans of Verizon Wireless; Bidders attracted by the Belgian government for its third generation mobile...
- DoCoMo Dashes Forward, Wowing The Wireless World. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p12
Features service provider NTT DoCoMo, in relation to the Innovator of the Year honor it won in the annual `Wireless Week' Carrier Excellence Awards for 2000. Details on its achievements on i-mode service; Description of i-mode as a technology and a business model.
- 3G Cell Phones Invade Tokyo. Eccles, Lisa // Electronic Design;7/9/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p36
Focuses on the testing of 3G wireless phone service by NTT DoCoMo in Tokyo, Japan. Number of handsets rolled out in the area; Components of the available models; Transmission rates for free handsets.
- What is 3G? Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the prevailing conditions surrounding the allocation of third generation wireless communication licenses in Asia. Price, merit and viability of third generation mobile services; DoCoMo Inc.'s existing i-mode wireless Internet service.
- SHORTMESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p32
Reports on developments about the wireless communications market as of April 2003. NTT DoCoMo Inc.'s launch of wristwatch PHS phone; Court's decision on the illegal smuggling of Nokia Corp's global system for mobile communications equipment in China; Global positioning system trackers.
- Cultural Phenomenon. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p4
Discusses speculation on whether the success of Japanese telecommunications company NTT DoCoMo's i-mode wireless system can spread worldwide. Backlash and negative press suffered by wireless application protocol (WAP) services in other countries; Problems regarding slow connections and small...
- NTT DoCoMo's 3G Service Takes Flight This Time. Nichols, Eirwen // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
Introduces the 3G wireless service of NTT DoCoMo in Tokyo, Japan. Forecast of wireless service revenue; Response of other mobile operators; Details on freedom of mobile multimedia access.
- IN 3G ISLAND. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p40
Comments on issues regarding the launching of the 3G wireless data system of NTT DoCoMo. Factors which led to the poor adoption rate of the product.