CDG Tests Its Strength
- Something to talk about. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;12/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 25, p42
Reports on the 1996 Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) North American Regional Congress. Release of PrimeCo Personal Communications' CDMA technology; Worldwide acceptance of CDMA; Lucen Technologies' shipment of 1500 CDMA base stations.
- Beating the cdma2000 drum. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p87
Features the 3G World Congress on code division multiple access (CDMA) held in Hong Kong, China in June 2001. Demonstration the CDMA is a serious third generation technology; Treatment of CDMA as a logical medium for advanced digital services.
- 14 manufacturers prepare to deliver CDMA handsets next year. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p21
Presents information on the 1997 Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) North American Regional Congress in Costa Mesa, California. Comments by Richard Lynch, chief technical officer for Bell Atlantic Mobile; Total number of worldwide subscribers; Launching of a joint cdmaOne handset...
- 3GPP2 group resolves some technical issues for 3G. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p74
Reports on the completion of the Third-Generation Partnership Program's (3GPP2) international harmonization workshop on global 3G. Operators Harmonization Group's decision to push forward with a family of Code Division Multiple Access-based standards; Issues that workshop participants agreed on.
- Convention Targets Telecom Industry. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the 2002 CDMA America Congress in San Diego, California. Focus on the state of the CDMA technology; Attendance by telecom network operators, equipment vendors, content providers and financial institutions.
- Conference to See What Future Holds for Qualcomm's Technology. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p3
The article offers information on the 3G Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) North America Regional Conference by the CDMA Development Group to be held at the Westin Horton Plaza in San Diego, California on October 8-10, 2007.
- Bells will be Bells. Titch, Steven // Telephony;03/10/97, Vol. 232 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Focuses on an endorsement by personal communication system providers of the code division multiple access digital format. Names of companies supporting the format; Highlights of the 1997 Wireless Datacomm Exposition and Conference.
- Carriers struggle with data prices. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p1
Highlights the 1999 CDMA World Congress held in Hong Kong. Focused on the future of cdmaOne technology; Pricing and packaging services; Bell Mobility;s launch of Digital Data to Go; Schwab Canada's interest in subsidiary Bell Mobility's handsets to sell to its customers; US Wireless Inc.'s plan...
- Spectrum Availability Looms Over Love-fest. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the issues raised at the meeting of the CDMA Development Group in 2000. Standard being developed by the code division multiple access industry; Advice from Clint Odom, legal advisor to United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman, William Kennard, in addressing spectrum...