Cingular's 3G Route
- Cingular Moves Beyond First-Year Challenges. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
Describes the situation of the Atlanta, Georgia-based wireless communications company Cingular Wireless in 2002. Reaction of chief executive officer Stephen Carter to public response; Technology plans of the company; Reasons for choosing global system for mobile communications as migration path.
- Cingular makes 850 MHz GSM call. // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p23
Reports on the completion of the first global system for mobile communication (GSM) call using 850 megahertz (MHz) spectrum outside of laboratory environment by Cingular Wireless. Importance of the ability to effectively use 850 MHz for GSM; Significance of the call.
- Cingular moving to GSM for third generation. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/10/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p9
Reports that Cingular Wireless has adopted the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) technology to implement third-generation features in its telephone network. Customers' use of wireless accounts in different countries; Access to the internet through the use of wireless network;...
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p23
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of February 1, 2005. Growth of wireless subscribers in India; Progress in the global system for mobile communications reported by Cingular Wireless; Increase in wireless investments in 2004.
- Family Feud: Prepaid makes gains as alternative to family plans. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p9
This article focuses on the competition between prepaid and family plans in the wireless communication industry. Family plans, which have been favored by larger wireless operators like Cingular Wireless L.L.C. and Verizon Wireless, typically allow carriers to add new subscribers at lower...
- GSM Carriers: 800 MHz Handsets On Track. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p6
Reports that global system for mobile communications technology in the 800 megahertz is on track and affordable handsets will be available asserts the 3G Americas organization and U.S. wireless communication companies in response to a report from the Shosteck Group. Wireless communication...
- E-OTD gets mixed reviews as Cingular suspends shipments. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p1
Presents updates on the enhanced observed time difference (E-OTD) of arrival technology for global system for mobile communication compliance with enhanced 911 Phase II rules in the U.S. as of October 7, 2002. Suspension of shipments of E-OTD handsets and infrastructure equipment of Cingular...
- HSDPA/UMTS. // RBOC Update;Dec2006, p4
The article offers information on the use of High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA)/Universal Mobile Telephone System by Cingular Wireless. HSDPA is the high-speed evolution of Global System for Mobile Communication/Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) which has a common core network...
- Merger Rumors As Trial Balloon? Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p16
Focuses on the merger plans of Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the U.S. Improvement of wireless telecommunication mergers; Provision of cash for Deutsche Telekom AG; Use of global system for mobile communications for financial improvement of companies.