- LA Unified Opens Most Expensive School Complex. // District Administration;Oct2010, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p26
The article announces the opening of the Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools in the Mid-Wilshire district of the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California.
- LAUSD uses affordable housing to retain teachers. // American School Board Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the new project by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) that is aimed at providing teachers with affordable apartments.
- L.A. Board Gives Control of Schools Primarily to Teacher-Led Groups. // Education Week;3/3/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that the board of education of Los Angeles, California awarded control of nearly 30 schools to nonprofit groups run by district teachers and administrators, rejecting applications by charter school operators.
- Apple Rolling Out iPads to Public Schools in Los Angeles. MOREN, DAN // Macworld;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p27
The article states in June 2013 computer company Apple announced that the Board of Education for the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California, which has over 640,000 students in its schools and campuses, approved deploying tablet computer iPads to students across the district.
- CONSTRUCTION ZONE. // American School & University;Apr2010, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information about the design and construction of educational institutes in the U.S. A 5.3 million dollar dental center at the Edison State College's campus in Naples, Florida, provides dental services for children. A 1.8 million dollar library in Carson, California,...
- Chad Fenwick. // Los Angeles Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p22
The article presents a question and answer related to efforts of Los Angeles Unified School District in enhancing the physical fitness results of students.
- Be Consistent. Perkins, Earl // Education Week;1/10/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p40
The author reflects on school discipline policies implemented in California's Los Angeles Unified School District, noting that the use of early intervention strategies, staff training, and practices to engage students resulted in a decrease in student suspensions.
- LAUSD Launches Wellness Campaign--Are You "In"? Herbert, Marion // District Administration;Sep2011, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p24
The article presents a profile of the "I'm In" campaign, an initiative within California's Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to promote wellness in students through healthy eating and exercise, which follows along with U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move campaign.
- LA district puts development of prototype school buildings on hold. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/23/2012, p3
The article reports on the decision by the Los Angeles Unified School District in California to postpone its program to develop prefabricated prototype school buildings.