Wowing 'em with Ginger
- State-owned N.C. hospital seeking more autonomy. // Modern Healthcare;08/10/98, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p8
Discusses the autonomy requested by the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill from the state to keep up with competitors. Benefits of the special provision tucked inside a state appropriation bill; Coverage of the provision.
- Chatham Hospital linked to UNC Hospitals. // Health Management Technology;Mar96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p73
Reports on the telemedicine connection linking the emergency room at Chatham with UNC Hospitals' emergency department, by the Chatham Hospital and the University of North Carolina (UNC) Hospitals. Uses of the connection; What the connection is maintained continuously for.
- Free care helps train doctors-officials. // Modern Healthcare;04/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p40
Discusses the mission of the University of North Carolina (UNC) Hospitals in Chapel Hill to provide medical care to the needy. Social missions of the UNC Hospitals; Details on the first component of the hospital's mission; 1998 state funding received by the hospital.
- confessions. // FoodService Director;10/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p28
The article presents an interview with UNC Hospitals food and nutrition services director Angelo Mojica about the best part of his job, his greatest achievement, and his favorite meal.
- Asian Elements. Petran, Meredith // Restaurant Business;01/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p73
Discusses trends in restaurant menu offerings in the United States in the 21st century. Integration of elements of Asian cookery in dishes; Use of Asian flavor in food; Asian ingredients that are added to restaurant dishes in the US.
- Going East. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;7/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the increasing number of Asian-themed chain restaurants in the United States. Inclusion of Carlson Restaurants' acquisition of the Pick Up Stix chain; Differences between Pick Up Stix and Pei Wei of P.F. Chang; How T.G.I. Friday's franchisee Main Street and Main is planning on...
- ASIA MAJOR. Brumback, Nancy // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p55
Reports the acceptance and inclusion of Asian category in quickservice brands of restaurants. Factors influencing the emergence of Asian cuisines in food service; Challenges in the expansion plans of the Asian category of food service chains; Familiarity of consumers to different Asian cuisines.
- EYE-CATCHING. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p56
Analyzes the potential growth of Asian concepts in the restaurant industry in the U.S. Development of additional formats in restaurants with Asian segment; Details on sales and food services offering of restaurants with Asian concept; Advantages of the Asian cuisines.
- CASUAL INTEREST. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p59
Focuses on the expansion plans of restaurants with Asian concepts in the U.S. Sales projections of China Bistro restaurants; Addition of sushi bars in the teppanyaki restaurants of Benihana; Prices of food services of Todai restaurants.