ON THE MENU
- CHOC ATTACK. Boughton, Ian // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/13/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4603, p68
The article reports on increase in the hot chocolate sales in the hospitality trade. Several brands have used a promotional theme of "chocolate for adults" to increase chocolate sales. Elaine Higginson, managing director of First Choice Coffee, said that restaurants and hotels should now be...
- Ads lift McD coffee sales. Sterrett, David // Crain's Chicago Business;6/8/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that advertising campaigns are increasing the sales of McDonald's Corp.'s new coffees in the U.S., but the sales are likely to decline after the advertisements end. It is stated that the company's restaurants sold an average of 56 specialty coffee drinks per day throughout...
- Grounds for Success. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Nov2014, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p126
The article offers tips for increasing coffee sales at museums. Topics discussed include the benefits of purchasing coffee from local suppliers, the availability of ethical and environmentally friendly products from Stumptown Coffee at the Children's Museum in Tacoma, Washington, and the...
- Dunkin' Donuts Comes to Downtown. // Outlook Weekly;2/11/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p06
The article reports on the opening of a Dunkin' Donuts restaurant at the corner of the Broad and High Streets in Columbus, Ohio on February 11, 2009. In celebration of the opening, Dunkin' Donuts will give away $1,000 worth of gift cards and other promotional items. The restaurant offers coffee,...
- Lavado de Imagen para el CafÃ© BrasileÃ±o. // Industria Alimenticia;6/30/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p16
No abstract available.
- QSR pumps up summer promos to compete with gas prices. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p6
Reports the implementation of promotions by quick-service chains in the United States. Programs of the chains to increase sales; Implication of the difficult operating environment on the restaurants; Launch of variety of foods.
- California unveils industry-boosting promotions. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 48, p1
Reports the concerted effort of the government and the restaurant industry for the promotions of dining in California. Effects of the September 11 terrorist attacks on foodservice sales; Participation on Dine California and Dine LA initiatives; Sponsors of the promotions.
- Novelty act. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;07/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 13, p65
Describes how several restaurant owners and operators in the United States use special promotions to market their establishments. Halloween night at Bacco in New Orleans, Louisiana; Jamaica Me Crazy promotion at all Old Chicago restaurants; Cocktail Cube menu at Doubletree and Embassy Suite...
- Perfect pitches. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr98, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p49
Looks at some of the best marketing campaigns done by restaurants. Identification of the restaurants involved in the marketing campaigns; Indepth look at the marketing campaigns. INSETS: An interview with Burger King's James Watkins;How to attain perfect pitch;Honorable mentions;Stay tuned