- At WSU: Upscale cart biz up 40%. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
Reports on Washington State University's plan to add two more carts to the four espresso carts already established on-campus. Average daily business generated by the carts.
- Lydig lands $7 million job to upgrade WSU Rotunda. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);4/5/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, pB8
The article reports that Lydig Construction Inc. has begun renovating the Rotunda Dining Center at the Washington State University in Pullman. The $7 million renovation will include interior demolition to allow workers to complete structural upgrades for earthquake protection. Lydig will also...
- Spokane financial professionals join new board at WSU. // Journal of Business (10756124);07/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, pA20
Reports the appointment of twelve Spokane-based financial executives in the College of Business and Economics school board of the Washington State University in Pullman, Washington. List of executives included in the board; Employment status of each executive; Function of the finance advisory...
- Ski Demon. // FoodService Director;6/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on Gary Coyle, director of dining services at Washington State University in Pullman, and his second career as a ski instructor. He recalls how he began to teach this sport. He cites Winter Park in Colorado as his favorite place to ski and instruct, and adds that he came up...
- Seven strategies for success. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses seven strategies for unit managers in the food service industry to achieve viable, relevant, and robust business in 2021. It says that managers can create a supportive environment for learning, and expand the capabilities of employees. It states that the person in charged...
- Pizza! Pizza! // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the launch of Stonewall Pizza Express at Washington State University in Pullman. The online pizza delivery and ordering system allows students to order pizza through wsu.webfood.com and either have it delivered for free to their residence hall or arrange to pick it up at...
- Reaching Out. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p50
This article reports that several foodservice operators in the U.S. have been investing in their own well-being by participating in mentoring programs. Student management programs at colleges and universities are one of the most common ways in which non-commercial operations mentor their...
- INGREDIENTS / RECIPES. // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Recipes for beans from non-commercial foodservice units are presented including Marc N Arlo Bean Burger from Villanova University in Pennsylvania, turkey black bean cobbler from Washington State University in Pullman, and white bean spread from the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- GET RESULTS FROM MANAGEMENT STYLE TRAINING. Goodacre, D.M. // Training & Development Journal;Nov71, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p50
Provides information about management style training. Behavior change expectations; Relativity of management styles.