- From Tree to Treasure. Selkirk, Diane // Islands: An International Magazine;Nov2011, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in playing Tahitian ukelele.
- JERZY DROZD Of Jerzy Drozd Basses. Taylor, Rod // Bass Player;Feb2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
A personal narrative from bass maker Jerzy Drozd is presented which explores his experience of building a bass guitar himself.
- Ukulele Memories. Fogelgren, John // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p224
The article presents the author's narrative about playing the ukulele when he was a young boy. He had an afterschool job at a laundry in 1934. At night, he went to bed humming several songs. He favored jazzy songs such as "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue" and "The Darktown Strutters Ball." He was in...
- Hawaiian Memories. Hartman, Julie // Teen Ink;Dec2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p22
The article discusses the author's experience of visiting Hawaii. She remembered being warmly welcomed by several Hawaiians when they arrived at the airport. She noticed suntans and ukulele music. She realized that although Hawaii was part of the U.S., it has a culture of its own. She had an...
- Rhapsody in masonite. Gore, Joe // Guitar Player;Jul98, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p134
Features the Danelectro 56-U2 guitar. Details on the guitar's design; Features of the guitar; Price.
- A little piece of Jimi. Thompson, Art // Guitar Player;Jul98, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p137
Introduces the Fender VooDoo Strat guitar. Features of the guitar; Price. INSET: Reverse engineering.
- THE 'MAD SCIENTIST'S HALL" AT WINTER NAMM. Buddingh, Terry // Guitar Player;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p174
Focuses on the competition between various guitar making companies in Southern California.
- Visual Voices: the Art of Inlay. Turner, Rick // Guitar Player;Jul2007, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on the art of inlay on guitars which involves carefully cutting out a design in one material which is glued to a matching recess that was cut in the guitar.
- CORRECTION. // Australian Woodworker;Dec2012, Issue 166, p8
A correction to the article related to manufacturing of a guitar is presented.