- History. // Afghanistan Country Review;2009, p6
The article presents an overview of the political history of Afghanistan with details on the domination of various Indian emperors and the formation of significant centers of commerce by the Taxila and Kandahar.
- History. // Afghanistan Country Review;2012, p9
The article provides information on the political history of Afghanistan including the Anglo-Afghan Wars in the 19th century, internal affairs of Pakistan and Afghanistan, and the country's conflict with the U.S.
- Interactive Timeline: War in Afghanistan. Stanton, Zack // Wilson Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p5
An interactive timeline is presented chronicling historical events in Afghanistan such as the ouster of King Zahir Shah in 1973, the installation of a Marxist government in 1978, and the rule of the Taliban fundamentalist militant group.
- Defining Success in Afghanistan. Biddle, Stephen; Christia, Fotini; Thier, J. Alexander // Foreign Affairs;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p48
An essay that explores possible definitions of success for the United States' involvement in Afghanistan is presented. It examines Afghanistan's history in order to determine how the country can be effectively governed and argues that decentralization is necessary for stability. It discusses...
- Chapter 5: The Cold War and the Rise of a Rentier State. Saikal, Amin // Modern Afghanistan;2006, p117
Chapter 5 of the book "Modern Afghanistan: A History of Struggle and Survival" is presented. It describes the major changes that happened in the political situation of Afghanistan during Mohammed Daoud's prime ministership. Daoud is mentioned to choose three policy goals which include...
- Centralization/Decentralization in the Dynamics of Afghan History. Barfield, Thomas // Cliodynamics: The Journal of Theoretical & Mathematical History;
No abstract available.
- CULTURE AFGHANISTAN. // International Educator (1059-4221);Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the political outlook of Afghanistan. Ahmad Shah Durrani founded the country in 1747 after unifying the Pashtun tribes, and gained its independence from the British control in 1919. The Soviet Union invaded in 1979 and then withdraw in 1989 after the mujahedin rebels...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2008 1st Quarter, p6
The article presents the political outlook in Venezuela, including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p9
The article forecasts the political development in Venezuela in 2009, particularly the political influence of President Hugo ChÃ¡vez, the investigation fo some prominent persons because tax offenses, and the social stability in the country.