AMP Capital buys first asset in China
- CALENDAR. // Orange County Business Journal;10/15/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p29
No abstract available.
- Banks' Equity Bridges May Be More Like Tightropes. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;5/28/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the investment banks engaged in arranging debt for leveraged buyout (LBO) funds that are establishing equity bridges to aid private equity sponsors in the U.S. It discusses the presence of equity bridges in any LBO deals so that sponsors may avoid bringing more private...
- Angels in Bend. Brooks, Oakley // Oregon Business Magazine;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the insights of Bend, Oregon-based businessman Richard Ziff on how to have investment activities for growing companies. Management of liquid capital; Partnership with private investment firms; Equity stake of the company.
- Bill Gates Is John Deere's Largest Shareholder. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;8/23/2011, p11
This article reports that Cascade Investment LLC, Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates' investment vehicle, has become the largest shareholder in Deere Co., a farm machinery maker, with a 5% stake, according to the filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Biggest private tank owner. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2010, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p20
This article reports on the acquisition by Russian freight operator Globaltrans of a 50% stake in BlatTransServis from TIHL.
- FIMI Acquires 11.7% Stake in Retalix. // EmergingMarketsNOW;2/13/2008, p4
The article reports that FIMI ((First Israel Mezzanine Investors), an Israeli private equity (PE) fund, has acquired an 11.7 percent stake in Retalix. The financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Headquartered in Israel, Retalix is a provider of software solutions to retailers and...
- Taking the reward out of risk. Gearino, G. D. // Business North Carolina;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p16
The author contemplates on what will happen if the equity premium from stock market investments will be taken away. He discusses the results of a study published in the "Quarterly Review" journal of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis that asserts the declining value of stocks in portfolio...
- Panel shows old favourites the door. // Fund Strategy;8/13/2012, p1
The article focuses on the rebalancing of the Adviser Fund Index (AFI) portfolios in Great Britain. It mentions that the move leads to the removal of some funds in the portfolio as panellists welcome income-focused products. It notes that the inclusion of income funds to the list suggest the...
- Lawrence House keeps faith with Harrison. Smith, Amanda // Money Marketing;2/7/2008, p36
The article reports that Lawrence House Fund Manager Alan Stokes has invested in Threadneedle equity. Stokes has put money with Threadneedle equity income manager Leigh Harrison, since Harrison was at Sun Life of Canada, which was acquired by Credit Suisse in 2001. Stokes does not move money out...