Abnormal Cervical Appearance: What to Do, When to Worry?
- THE FREQUENT ASSOCIATION OF OTHER BODY TUMORS WITH FAMILIAL POLYPOSIS. Collins, Donald C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1959, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p376
Presents a study which discussed the association of other body tumors with familial polyposis. Information on the common locations of familial colonic disease; Characteristics of familial polyposis; Medical cases of tumors associated with familial polyposis.
- Current US cervical cancer screening practice "inefficient". // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Oct2015, Vol. 738 Issue 1, p10
The article presents a study which revelas that current U.S. cervical cancer screeing practice is insufficient.
- Tamoxifen/tibolone. // Reactions Weekly;3/18/2006, Issue 1093, p33
Discusses research being done on the link between hormones and vaginal polyps in an elderly patient. Reference to a study by S. Sharma, P. Albertazzi and I. Richmond published in the February 2006 issue of "Maturitas"; Signs and symptoms experienced by the patient; Size of the polyp.
- Gastric inflammatory fibroid polyp manifesting massive bleeding and marked morphological changes for a short period. Shigeno, Takashi; Fujimori, Kazuya; Nakatsuji, Yoshiyuki; Kaneko, Yasunori; Maejima, Toshitaka // Journal of Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p611
Studies symptoms of the disease gastric inflammatory fibroid polyp (IFP) located mainly in the gastric antrum. Demonstration of an asymptomatic clinical course by gastric IFP; Observation of the tumor prolapsing to the duodenal bulb in gastric IFP.
- mucocele. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1501
A definition of the term "mucocele," which refers to either enlargement of the lacrimal sac, a mucous cyst, a mucous polypus or cystic disease of the air cavities of the cranial bones causing erosion of the bone, is presented.
- The organization of colposcopy services in Ontario: recommended framework. Murphy, J.; Varela, N. P.; Elit, L.; Lytwyn, A.; Yudin, M.; Shier, M.; Wu, V.; El-Khatib, S. // Current Oncology;Aug2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p287
Objective The purpose of this guideline is to help ensure the provision of high-quality colposcopy practices in the province of Ontario, including those conducted as diagnostic procedures in follow-up to an abnormal cervical screening test. Methods This document updates the recommendations...
- Advances in assessing the volume of odontogenic cysts and tumors in the mandible: a retrospective clinical trial. Stoetzer, Marcus; Nicke, Franziska; Rana, Majeed; Lemound, Juliana; Wenzel, Daniela; von See, Constantin; Gellrich, Nils-Claudius // Head & Face Medicine;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Purpose: To compare two methods of creating three-dimensional representations of mandibular cysts and tumors on the basis of computed tomography (CT) and cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) data. Methods: A total of 71 patients with acquired jaw cysts took part in this retrospective clinical...
- Contemporary Clinical Management of Endometrial Cancer. Dinkelspiel, Helen E.; Wright, Jason D.; Lewin, Sharyn N.; Herzog, Thomas J. // Obstetrics & Gynecology International;2013, p1
Although the contemporary management of endometrial cancer is straightforward in many ways, novel data has emerged over the past decade that has altered the clinical standards of care while generating new controversies that will require further investigation. Fortunately most cases are diagnosed...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of standard radiotherapy field borders in patients with uterine cervix cancer*. Freire, Geison Moreira; Dias, Rodrigo Souza; Adelmo José Giordani; Lascasas Ribalta, Julisa Chamorro; Comodo Segreto, Helena Regina; Segreto, Roberto Araujo // Radiologia Brasileira;may/jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p175
OBJECTIVE: To evaluate, by means of magnetic resonance imaging, the standardized field borders in radiotherapy for malignant neoplasm of uterine cervix, and to determine the role of this method in the reduction of possible planning errors related to the conventional technique. MATERIALS AND...