The Hand That Gives the Rose
- around campus. // Community College Week;3/18/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p14
This section presents an update on events and activities in various colleges and universities in the U.S., as of March 2013, including the American Collegiate Festival at the Kennedy Center, the museum trip of students from Alvin Community College in Texas, and the art exhibition at Columbia...
- Inflating the grades. Goode, Stephen; Maier, Timothy W. // Insight on the News;05/25/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p8
Presents information on the grades of students at universities in the United States. Views that elite schools create fads which are taken up by schools throughout the country; Information on a conference on grade inflation; Comments from various people relating to the grades.
- Student Teaching Across the Nation. // NSTA Express;8/15/2011, p2
The article reports that the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) has released a report titled "Student Teaching in the United States," that examines policies and practices at 134 universities and colleges in the U.S., in order to measure student teaching practices in the U.S.
- Building Out of the CRUNCH. Sausner, Rebecca // University Business;Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the advantages of hiring private developers to finance, design and manage student housing in U.S. universities and colleges. Speed of project completion by private developers; Costs in hiring private developers; Process involved in the construction of housing projects. INSETS:...
- SENATORS FORM TASK FORCE FOR TRIBAL COLLEGES. // Tribal College Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the formation of the Bipartisan Senate task Force on Tribal Colleges and Universities in Capital Hill, Washington, D.C. Goal to solidify institutional operating funds for the tribal colleges; Increase in the funding for technical assistance; Offering of quality education to tribal...
- On liberty and learning. Kors, Alan Charles // Academic Questions;Summer91, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on the role of universities in loco parentis, a traditional concept for the regulation of student behavior in the United States. Abandonment of the concept during the campus upheavals of the late sixties and early seventies; Support for pluralistic academic system; Protection of...
- The economics and politics of scholarships. Grossman, Herschel I. // Academic Questions;Summer95, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p59
Comments over the limits on financial aid and the denial to undergraduates of the benefits of scholarships awarded on merit in elite American universities. Dropping of a 1991 action by the Justice Department seeking to end the collusion of the universities in setting tuition; Universities'...
- Options that aren't so co-ed. Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;10/3/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 219, p16
Presents information on colleges and universities in the United States which offer single-sex living accommodations.
- The challenges and opportunities of student-managed investment funds at metropolitan universities. Kahl, Douglas R. // Financial Services Review;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p197
Reports on student-managed investment funds at universities in the United States. Establishment of student-managed investment funds; Discussion on the growth of the funds; Indepth look at the change in the growth rate of the funds; Details on the development of a fund by Oak Associates Limited...