Introduction to the Symposium on Antimicrobial Therapy
- CME Questions. // Infectious Disease Alert;Sep2009, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p142
A quiz about infectious diseases and anti-infective agents is presented.
- CME QUESTIONS. // Infectious Disease Alert;Apr2012, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p84
A quiz about infectious diseases and anti-infective drugs are presented.
- HAVE YOU Read? Olsson, Carl A. // AUANews;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p23
The article reviews articles including "The Crisis of No New Antibiotics - What is the Way Forward?" by L.J.V. Piddock in the March 2012 issue of "The Lancet Infectious Diseases" and "Europeans Seek Lead in New Antibiotics," by E.P. Walker in the November 2011 issue of "MedPage Today."
- The Conquest of Infectious Diseases: Who Are We Kidding? Berkelman, Ruth L.; Hughes, James M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/1/93, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p426
Editorial. Examines the re-emergence of infectious diseases. Information on a decline in the effectiveness of antimicrobial drugs; Contributions of demographic and social changes to the emergence of infectious diseases; Effect of re-emerging infections on the practice of internists.
- Decreasing availability of drugs linked to adverse patient outcomes. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p23
The article reports that a 2011 survey of infectious disease physicians has revealed that more than three quarters of respondents were forced to modify antimicrobial choices because of drug shortages within the past two years.
- PERSPECTIVE. Pankey, George A. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p23
The author comments on a 2011 survey of infectious disease physicians which has revealed that more than three quarters of respondents were forced to modify antimicrobial choices because of drug shortages within the past two years.
- An Audit-Based, Infectious Disease Specialist-Guided Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Profoundly Reduced Antibiotic Use Without Negatively Affecting Patient Outcomes. Nilholm, Hannah; Holmstrand, Linnea; Ahl, Jonas; Månsson, Fredrik; Odenholt, Inga; Tham, Johan; Melander, Eva; Resman, Fredrik // Open Forum Infectious Diseases;Spring2015, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Background. Antimicrobial stewardship programs are increasingly implemented in hospital care. They aim to simultaneously optimize outcomes for individual patients with infections and reduce financial and health-associated costs of overuse of antibiotics. Few studies have examined the effects of...
- Is There a Role for a Bespoke App on Antimicrobial Stewardship Targeting Patients and the Public? Micallef, Christianne; Kildonavaciute, Kornelija; Castro-Sanchez, Enrique; Holmes, Alison H. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/2016, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p140
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the role for a bespoke mobile app on antimicrobial stewardship targeting patients and the public.
- Antimicrobial shortages forcing widespread use of nonpreferred therapies, survey finds. // Formulary;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p307
Reports on changes in therapeutic regimens for many infections due to the continuing shortages of antimicrobials according to the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) Emerging Infections Network. Indications most frequently requiring a change in prescriptions; Conditions that could...