Ten Principles for Effective Grief Support
- Mortal Losses, Vital Gains: The Role of Spirituality. Hutch, Richard A. // Journal of Religion & Health;Dec2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p329
Grief and its management constitute the general topic of this paper. A personal dynamic of reframing is articulated and defined as a major experiential source of human spirituality. The argument is that exercises in the comparative free association of loss activate dynamic reframing amidst...
- Demystifying paradoxical intervention: How strategic therapy worked in a case of unresolved grief. Botman, Jeffrey A. // Psychotherapy Letter;Feb96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p2
Discusses the use of strategic psychotherapy in a case of unresolved grief. Reasons for `paradoxical' interventions; Need to understand the resolution of the problem; Advantages of the collaborative approach to disaster preparation.
- Invasion of the sorrow-snatchers. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/10/97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p34
Discusses the value of grief counseling as a tool for helping people deal with traumatic situations. Examples of various instances where grief couseling was implemented; Comment from Eric Cline, director of the Grief Recovery Institute of Los Angeles; Grief counseling as a substitute for...
- Grief groups for students who have had a parent die. Moore, Julia; Herlihy, Barbara // School Counselor;Sep93, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p54
Describes the format and process of a six-session grief group for students who have had a parent die. Formation of the group; Sharing of the event as the first session; Stages of grief; Events after death; Change in family structure; Family rituals and holidays; Summing up and achievement of...
- Inexpensive Little Grief Booklets provide immediate help for those who have lost a Loved One. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Aug2010, pB6
The article offers information on the benefits and importance of grief booklets for people who have lost love ones, such as "Grief...Reminders for Healing," by Gale Massey, "It's OK: A Journey Through Grief," by Steve Mitchell and "Holiday Grief: Preparing for Holidays and Other Special Days,"...
- Grief support input sessions scheduled. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p3
The article offers information on the Grief Support session to be hosted by a team from Providence Hospice in Whitney, Texas on July 20 and 22, 2015.
- How Did My Early Experiences of Grief Influence My Grief Counselling? And How Did Being a Grief Counsellor Influence My Later Experiences of Grief? Morawetz, David // Grief Matters: The Australian Journal of Grief & Bereavement;2015, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p46
My personal experience in grieving the death of my 6-week-old son Michael was central to my becoming a grief counsellor and a teacher of grief counselling, and it taught me the value of Fulton's theory of the normal Grief Storm. Two decades later, my experience as a grief counsellor was central...
- Finding a New Normal. Zucker, Stephanie // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Oct2011, p40
The article reports on the initiative of certified financial planner Jim Schwartz to establish local support group Widowed Community Education and Support Services (WCESS) for the widowed community in Arizona. It mentions that WCESS was designed to help widowed clients to manage their grief and...
- Me Tarzan, you insane! SNYDER, JAMES L. // Ellis County Press;2/20/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p4
The article offers the author's insights on aggravation relating his experience in a restaurant with his wife during their dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day wherein he overhear the conversations from the men behind their table, in which one says that people who believe in God