Foraging for Fungi
- Fungi. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p914
An encyclopedia entry for "fungi," is presented.
- Fungi, Fungi, Everwhere! Jarrow, Gail // Spider;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p15
Presents information on fungi.
- Ask Professor Ossolotch. Whitman, Stacy // Current Science;2/27/2009, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p15
The article provides an answer to a question about the humongous fungus.
- PRIMER REGISTRO DE TRICHOGLOSSUM VELUTIPES (GEOGLOSSACEAE, ASCOMYCETES) PARA MEXICO. Diaz-Barriga, Horalia // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jul1988, Issue 2, p1
As part of studies on the fungi of the State of Michoacan, Mexico, in this paper Trichoglossum velutipes (Peck) Durand is reported for the first time for the Mexican mycoflora.
- Variation in Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi and Phosphatase Activity Associated with Sida cardifolia in Karnataka. Kumar, K. V. Chethan; Chandrashekar, K. R.; Lakshmipathy, R. // World Journal of Agricultural Sciences;Nov2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p770
An investigation was carried out to study the AM fungal association in Sida cardifolia from different parts of Karnataka. AM colonization in the roots, spore load and Phosphatase activity in the root zone soil collected from different parts of Karnataka were determined. AM root colonization was...
- Notes on Japanese Lycoperdaceae. 1: Lycoperdon umbrinoides, a tropical fungus newly found in Japan. Kasuya, Taiga // Mycoscience (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);Aug2004, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p298
Lycoperdon umbrinoides, a tropical fungus previously known from tropical Africa and southern Europe, is reported here for the first time from Kanagawa Prefecture, central Japan. Macroscopic and microscopic features of the Japanese material and its chorological note are given.
- BLACK MILDEWS (ASCOMYCETES) FROM SOUTHERN WESTERN GHATS OF PENINSULAR INDIA WITH DESCRIPTION OF 14 NEW SPECIES. Hosagoudar, V. B.; Thimmaiah, C. Jagath; Jayashankara, M.; Sabeena, A. // Journal of Threatened Taxa;Feb2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3661
The article presents an account of 15 black mildew fungi collected from Kodagu, Karnataka and Kollam, Kerala in India. Some of the new species include Asterina cassiigena, A. hemidesmi and A. ushae while Asterina antidesmatis forms a new record for India. The A. antidesmatis species has colonies...
- LAS ESPECIES Y FORMAS DE DICTYOPHORA (FUNGI, BASIDIOMYCETES, PHALLALES) EN MEXICO Y OBSERVACIONES SOBRE SU DISTRIBUCION EN AMERICA LATINA. Guzman, Gaston; Montoya, Leticia; Bandala, Victor M. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;mar1990, Issue 9, p1
A study of the genus Dictyophora is presented, providing a key to the Mexican species and forms, as well as their distributional analysis in the country (through 10 States), and observations on the presence of the genus in Guatemala, Costa Rica and Brazil. In conclusion D. duplicata (Bosc)...
- Lichens and Lichenicolous Fungi of KÄ±zÄ±ldaÄŸ (Derebucak, Konya). Kocakaya, Mustafa; Halici, Mehmet Gökhan; Aksoy, Ahmet // Turkish Journal of Botany;2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p105
Herein 152 taxa of lichens and lichenicolous fungi belonging to 68 genera are reported from Kizildag (Derebucak district, Konya province). Of these, 149 taxa are reported from the study area for the first time and 96 taxa are new for Konya province. Lecanora perpruinosa FrÃ¶berg and Toninia...