Fostering Children's Excitement in the Natural World
- Buy nature's bargains. // Christian Science Monitor;4/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 102, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the value of nature and hopes that the United States Department's first annual report on the environment, scheduled for Earth Day, April 22, 1997, will allow mankind to preserve our natural environment. Role of soil organisms in preserving the natural environment; Efforts...
- NWF seeks support for Clinton land conservation plan. // International Wildlife;May/Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on President Clinton's $1 billion Lands Legacy Iniative.
- Americans losing the drive to conserve. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;8/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 192, p1
Focuses on the American attitude toward energy and paper conservation as of August 30, 1999.
- Ecostroika--restructuring American society for environmental survival. Lundberg, Jan // Earth Island Journal;Spring90, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
Explains the need for the restructuring of American society in order to ensure maximum conservation. Call for federal legislation on paving moratorium; Generation of waste; Need to restrain growth in order to cut energy pollution; Reduction of the demand for electricity, motor fuels and...
- Multi-disciplinary approaches for defining evolutionarily significant units for conservation. Grant, W. Stewart // South African Journal of Science;Feb95, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p65
Discusses multi-disciplinary approaches to define evolutionarily significant units for conservation of natural resources in the United States. History of conservation ethics; Evolutionarily significant units (ESUs); Molecular methods to define populations; Molecular criteria to define ESUs.
- Chapter news. // Audubon;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p92
Focuses on the conservation of natural resources in the United States. Factors that have influenced the deterioration of Gallinas Creek Marsh in San Rafael, California; Efforts to protect Cranberry Lake Preserve, a county-owned park in North Castle, New York, by six chapters of the National...
- Win one, maybe another. Reiger, George // Field & Stream;Jan1997, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p17
Reports on several legal development in the field of nature and conservation. Tennessee Valley Authority's (TVA) operation to be subject to a Congressional oversight hearing in February 1997; Transformation of the Land Between the Lakes into an exclusive resort and retirement community;...
- This Earth Day, honor the local food movement. Vilsack, Tom // Hill;4/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p25
The article discusses the importance of natural resources conservation in line with the celebration of Earth Day, highlighting the "People's Garden" program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Green hotels. // UNESCO Courier;Jun97, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p41
States an excellent way to economize on water, energy and polluting detergents as practiced in many North American hotels.