More Than A Campsite
- DEC Summer Camper Recounts Experiences. Plante, David // New York State Conservationist;Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the summer camps operated by the United States Department of Environmental Commission (DEC) in New York State. Addition to the environmental education camp program of DEC; Details on the summer camps of DEC; How the camping experience influenced the life of the attendees.
- WINONA STATE FOREST: WINTER WONDERLAND. McCarlan, Mariclaire // New York State Conservationist;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on Winona State Forest, a winter park that offers outdoor activities to winter recreationists in New York. Historical background of the state forest; Information on the decision of a group of citizens and the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to develop a...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p27
The article offers news briefs related to environmental conservation in New York as of August 1, 2015. A Catskill Interpretive Center has been opened by the Catskill Park and Forest Preserve in Shandaken in Ulster County, New York. Two projects for the protection of wildlife in New York have...
- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Camping + Family = Fun. Stegmann, Eileen C. // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on family camping at the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in New York. Facilities in the campgrounds; Conveniences provided by the DEC campgrounds; Outdoor recreational activities offered by the DEC campgrounds.
- How DEC Summer Camp Shaped My Life. Canary, Bret // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p9
The article presents testimonies of how the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Summer Camp shaped the lives of some attendees. One attendee says his experience in the summer camp when he was 13 years old influenced his desire to become a camp counselor. A wildlife biologist...
- Family Camping. Biddell, Ellen // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) campgrounds located in the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves. Options available to families at the campgrounds are described, including swimming beaches, hiking and nature trails, canoe trips, and...
- String of Memories--a week at a DEC education camp can change lives. Perry, Dannielle // New York State Conservationist;Feb2012, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p17
A personal narrative is presented which explores a 12-year-old's experience of joining a summer camp operated by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Summer Youth Camp. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the opening of the registration for the 59th New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Environmental Education summer camp for youths.