- Waka fleet returns. // Te Karaka: The Ngai Tahu Magazine;Winter2012, Issue 54, p7
The article reports on the final stage of the voyage of a fleet of seven waka or canoes which left New Zealand in April 2011, passing through French Polynesia, Hawaii and the U.S. west coast, and will return from the Galapagos.
- [Northern Forest Canoe Trial]. Wood, Charlie // Backpacker;Sep2006, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p35
This article looks at a canoeing adventure on the Northern Forest Canoe Trail, which passes through upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
- THE RESTLESS MAN. McMahon, Bucky // Esquire;May2004, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p70
Narrates a real adventure kayaking waterfalls in Tampico, Mexico. Cost of the adventure; Degree of difficulty experienced in kayaking; Guide to those who want to experience the adventure.
- ISLAND PROFILE: O'AHU. // Audubon;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p84
The article offers a profile of O'ahu in Hawaii and suggested travel sites and packages on the island. An island of coastal plains, lush valleys and steep mountain ridges, O'ahu provides physical and spiritual rejuvenation to nature as well as humans. Customized and regularly scheduled hiking...
- Canoeing is Freedom. Grondahl, Paul // Conservationist;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p2
Opinion. Reminisces about the many hours of pleasure the author has had during his life while canoeing on various waters. Comments on the canoe's history and usefulness, and the freedom it brings to its users.
- Island idyll. // Australian House & Garden;Sep2005, Issue 9, p200
The article evaluates the significance of Maldives's island for the tourists. At Soneva Fushi Resort in the North Baa Atoll, not only one can indulge in the requisite beach-bumming and snorkelling, but he can also visit nearby islands to gain an insight into the traditional village life. A...
- To Purgatory And Beyond. Moore, Colin // North & South;Aug2004, Issue 221, p97
Relates a canoe journey from Waitemata to the Kaipara Harbour in New Zealand, which began on December 18, 1994. Routes taken; Information on the route called purgatory; Technique on how to identify and beat a current.
- Garden Route. Els, Kate // Southern African Tourism Update;2008, Issue 195, p12
The article offers a traveler's guide to Garden Route in South Africa. Adventure activities are available in places like Knysna, Mossel Bay and Seal Island, like kayaking, diving with sharks and bungee jumping. Language tours, which include visit to ostrich farm, indigenous forests and the Cango...
- Nice Americans. Payne, James // American Enterprise;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p42
Presents the author's experience in solo kayaking trip from New York to Quebec. Route he will follow; Assistance given by people he met during the trip; Description of the attempt made by Jeffrey Tayler to go down Zaire's Congo River.