Keeping Our Waters Open for Anglers
- Fishers cannot use styrofoam floats in river. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the enforcement action that will be taken by Oregon State Police against tribal fishers who will place Styrofoam floats back into the Columbia River.
- Last fish in the sea. Gogola, Tom // New York;03/09/98, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the impact of the swordfish boycott on fishermen in the New York area. Expectations that Washington D.C. will enact regulations to protect certain fish; How many fishermen are switching to tilefish; Impact the swordfish boycott is having on restaurants; Possibility that by the end of...
- Stakeholder perceptions regarding the environmental and socio-economic impacts of the Algarve artificial reefs. Ramos, Jorge; Santos, Miguel; Whitmarsh, David; Monteiro, Carlos // Hydrobiologia;Mar2007, Vol. 580 Issue 1, p181
The artificial reef (AR) complex of the Algarve (Southern Portugal), deployed for the purpose of restoring and enhancing fisheries resources, is currently the largest structure of its kind in Europe, extending for over 43. 5 km2. Such a structure can be expected to have had both positive and...
- Small fry habitat restored by Ahousaht. Ambrose, Denise // Raven's Eye;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p6
Reports the restoration of Coho and Chinook salmon habitats in British Columbia. Selection of fisheries consultant John Ebell to assess the Cypre River Watershed; Construction of side channels to provide refuge for salmon fry during floods; Aim of rebuilding wild salmon stocks.
- Against the current: The Nortwest Salmon crisis. Sleeper, Barbara // Animals;May/Jun97, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the salmon crisis and conservation. Reasons why wild salmons are having such a tough time; Crisis stage reached by wild coho salmon; How salmon are extremely sensitive to changing river conditions; A kind of river needed by salmons; Average day for salmons to build a nest site and...
- Turnabout. // American Nurseryman;8/1/95, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the Oregon Department of Agriculture's use of federal funds to administer Oregon's Habitat Restoration Jobs Program to help provide jobs and to restore the salmon habitat for future fishers.
- Cooperative effort to restore habitat. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb95, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p40
Features the Bay Habitat Restoration Cooperative Program in New York which is designed to restore the Peconic Estuary system's habitat and fish. Projects under the program; Factors for the decline of the marine environment in the Peconic Bay; Member organizations of the restoration program.
- DAKOTA DIGEST. // Dakota Country;May2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p32
A caption is presented to a photograph of a spawning bed for bluegills constructed at Sweetbriar Dam in North Dakota.
- GRANT FOR LETORT SPRING RUN. // Fly Fisherman;May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p39
Reports on a restoration project that will improve trout habitat on the Letort Spring Run spring creek in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.