The Adirondack Lean-To
- Ways to Promote Youth Development in Camp. Powell, Gwynn; Scanlin, Marge // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p14
Discusses ways to promote youth development in camps. Program elements that are essential to create the successful transition of campers from youth to adulthood; Conditions that increase the likelihood of a program delivering the elements to a diverse group of campers; Importance of research to...
- European Camps Diverse Programs, Common Goals. Pulliam, Linda Grier // Camping Magazine;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on European camps. Significance of summer camps for children; Information on the summer camp program at Barretstown Castle in County Kildare, Ireland; Reason behind the decision of physicians Radu and Lavinia Zernoveanu to establish Camp Mastermind in Romania; Background on camping in...
- As the Butterfly Flies. Pulliam, Linda Grier // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1
Highlights camps around the globe. List of people who are impacting organized camping around the world; Issues and challenges affecting camps around the world; Origin of the term global resource partners.
- HON-DOS & DON'TS. // TransWorld Snowboarding;Mar2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p38
The article presents dos and don'ts fro summer, including camping with friends, being respectful to the camps, and not to get pissed if one does not get to ride the camps.
- Outlaw Ranch. Higbee, Paul // South Dakota Magazine;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on Outlaw Ranch, a campsite in the Black Hills of South Dakota. A brief history of Outlaw Ranch is provided. Initially thought as a camp for children, Outlaw Ranch offers camping experiences for all ages. Over the years buildings at Outlaw Ranch changed, either...
- CAMP CARIBOU. Rubin, Elihu // 21st Century;Apr91, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p12
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending the Camp Caribou summer camp.
- A summer of print. // Printing World;7/29/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on specialized summer camps in the United States. Fat Camp for fat children who want to lose weight; DampCamp where bed-wetters learnt to stay dry; Teaching high school girls on how to design business cards on iMacs and print them on an offset press at the Print Camp.
- FRENCH MEADOWS CAMP. // Macrobiotics Today;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on the 41st annual French Meadows Summer Camp to be held by the George Ohsawa Macrobiotic Foundation at Tahoe National Forest in Lake Tahoe, California from July 17-25, 2010.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS! // Macrobiotics Today;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p21
A calendar of events to be held during the 41st annual French Meadows Summer Camp by the George Ohsawa Macrobiotic Foundation at Tahoe National Forest in Lake Tahoe, California from July 17-25, 2010 is presented.
- Trendspotting. // Backpacker;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on various pieces of camping equipment.