You Heard It First At Comdex
- Wireless suppliers back WCDMA for 3rd-generation mobile system. // Computing Japan;Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the announcement by Nokia and Ericsson companies on their support of the Wideband Code Division Multiple Access WCDMA technology proposed by NTT DoCoMo as a third generation of wideband cellular phone systems. Detail on the features of WCDMA; Comments from Kurt Hellstrom, president...
- Comdex is stage for advances. Moore, Cathleen; Neel, Dan // InfoWorld;11/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p16
Provides information on the wireless phones and telecommunication systems in the United States launched at the Comdex Computer Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 1999. Ericsson's Bluetooth Headset, a cellular ohone headset; Nokia Corporation's wireless access protocol products; 3Com's...
- Comdex Show Offers Data News. // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p10
Deals with the wireless data announcements made by several vendors during the Comdex Fall 1999 show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Wireless Internet and e-mail services of Aether Systems Inc.; Launching of Ericsson's Bluetooth Headset; Plans of Nokia and Macromedia Inc. to develop visual wireless markup...
- Nokia rings in the profits, Ericsson hits loss. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;1/30/2002, Issue 2037, p6
Reports on the financial performance of telecommunication firms, Nokia and Ericsson in year 2001. Increase in the sales of Nokia; Business loss of Ericsson.
- MMS demos in China. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the demonstration presented by Nokia Corp. and Ericsson AB for multimedia messaging service technology with Chinese mobile operators. Discussion on how Nokia and Ericsson demonstrated the technology; Remarks from SmarTone chief executive Douglas Li.
- Strong phone sales boost Nokia, Ericsson numbers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
Highlights the financial performance of Ericsson Inc. of Sweden and Nokia Corp. of Finland. Profits; Net income; Increase in operating profits and sales of Nokia Mobile Phones; Operating income of Ericsson's Network Operators unit.
- Why building trust should be the holy grail of marketing. Dansie, Ben // Marketing (00253650);3/1/2001, p27
Comments on the importance of building trust in marketing. Results of the Reader's Digest Trusted Brands 2001; Comparison of consumer trust for the products of Nokia Corp. and Ericsson; Business losses of Ericsson in 2000.
- `Smart phones' to offer Web, E-mail, fax. Moore, Mark // PC Week;1/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Reports that Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. and Ericsson Inc. are each developing next-generation `smart phones' from which users will be able to transmit E-mail, faxes, and pager messages. Access to the Internet; Application for conducting transactions to the Internet; Incorporation with a 386 or...
- Scandinavia's big guns report 3Q profit. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p2
Highlights the financial performance of Scandinavian wireless communication companies Ericsson AB and Nokia in the third quarter of 1999. Decline of Ericsson AB's net income; Increase in Nokia's net profits; Performance of Ericsson's mobile-phone business.