IM Starting To Catch On With Carriers
- In an Instant. Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Explores the challenges for the deployment of wireless instant messaging service in the U.S. Benefits and limitations of instant messaging technology; Information on the instant messaging platform of wireless communication carrier, VoiceStream; Details of the wireless instant messaging service...
- BT's 'next generation text' service for speech impaired people. // Voice & Data;Nov2014, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p70
The article offers brief information on the Next Generation Text (NGT) service from British Telecom.
- BT in communications attack on MSN. Carter, Ben // Marketing (00253650);10/9/2003, p3
BT is laying down the gauntlet to Microsoft with the launch of an Internet-based communications suite branded Communicator. It enables customers to send instant messages, text messages and make voice and video calls using their PC. It will become a key focus of BT's ongoing efforts to generate...
- Judge says 'thnx.'. // Utility Week;7/4/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p17
Presents an update on the use of mobile phones in Great Britain as of July 2003. Use of the text message language by a judge; Warning given by the "Financial Times" on consumer advocates against spending too much calling each other's mobile phones to talk about their victory; Plan of operators...
- BT Click&buy under fire for banned reverse billing. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;11/20/2003, p1
Highlights the continued provision of a service by BT Click&buy which enable the use of text messaging systems for viewing online content as of November 2003, despite a ban by British mobile operators. Implications of the inaction against the company; Interpretation of the Financial Services...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // New Media Age;12/4/2003, p18
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Tiscali slams BT for ignoring its broadband users," which discussed the broadband service of British Telecom; Changes in the regulations on data protection; "SMS revenues hit by misuse of shared...
- Stop mobile spam before it starts. // Wireless Asia;Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the launching of Openwave Systems' Edge Gx 2.0, billed as the first mobile messaging anti-abuse edge services gateway specifically designed for mobile service providers. Inclusion of Shared Service Intelligence which instantly secures the entire messaging network at the instance of...
- Cingular users can access AOL text. // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p13
Deals with the partnership between Cingular Wireless and America Online Inc. (AOL) which allows Cingular subscribers to send and receive AOL messaging using their mobile phones. Terms of the contract; Benefit of the move to Cingular.
- Verizon Wireless launches 1x in Colorado. // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p13
Reports on the launching of Verizon Wireless' code division multiple access 2000 1x-based express Network service in Colorado. Speed of the wireless access service; Launch of America Online Incorporated's Mobile IM service using Verizon's text messaging service.