- FYI. // Wireless Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Agreement between the Outfitters Association of America and Southern LINC; Introduction by Nextel Communications of its Mobile Locator service; Launch of Faith West's Modtones ringtone offering on AT&T...
- Roll Call: 3Q Subscriber Totals. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the number of subscribers of several wireless carriers in the U.S. as of the third quarter of 2003. AT&T Wireless; Cingular Wireless; Nextel Communications Inc.
- Scrambling to hook customers. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/30/98, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p14
Presents a list of rate reductions and new services introduced by wireless phone companies doing business in Westchester County, New York. Includes prepaid wireless service by AT&T Wireless Services; Nextel's expansion of its network.
- A few bright spots expected in 3Q carrier results. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Examines the financial status of several wireless communication operators in the U.S. for the fiscal third quarter in 2002. Nextel Communications Inc.; T-Mobile Inc.; Verizon Wireless company; AT&T Wireless company.
- Not even close. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;03/19/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 12, p136
Presents news in the mobile wireless sector in the United States during the second week of March 2001. Nextel Communications' warning about its earnings during the first quarter of 2001; Estimated number of jobs that Verizon Wireless will eliminate; Addition to AT&T Wireless' Digital PocketNet...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of December 1, 2001. Feature of a cellular phone considered as popular according to a survey by Harris Interactive; Information on the agreement between Nextel and Southern LINC; Number of wireless subscribers that will use their...
- Carrier stocks surge in 2Q as they get ready to report financials. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the analysts' expectation on the improvement in financial results of wireless companies in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2003. Increase in stock price of AT&T Wireless Service Inc.; Customer growth of Nextel Communications for the quarter; Decline in customer churns of Sprint PCS.
- A Tale Of Two Mergers. Drucker, Elliot // Wireless Week;1/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p20
Features two mergers in the wireless communication industry in 2004. Sprint with Nextel Communications; Cingular Wireless with At&T Wireless.
- In ironic turn, survey ranks AWS as top business carrier. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the results of a survey on the wireless industry, conducted by Forrester Research Inc. in the U.S. in 2004. Background on the market performance of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Factors cited by Verizon Wireless as positives for customers; Outlook for the merger between...