Putting Next-Gen Test Gear To The Test
- MTSO testing: Where wireless becomes wired. Harvill, Matt; Schroader, Kim // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p28
Looks at mobile telephone switching office (MTSO) testing in the United States. Need for MTSO testing; Cellular network configuration; Physical link verification; Circuit analysis; Digital cross-connect systems; Centralized test applications.
- It's automatic! Monks, Michael // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p38
Proposes a method for network and equipment testing in wireless communications in the United States. Communications device testing model; Remote control software; Automatic test software; Instrument editor application for channel emulator.
- A wireless whirligig. // Telephony;10/31/94, Vol. 227 Issue 18, p30
Focuses on wireless communications test technology. Irony underlying all telecommunications test technology; Fast pace of change in the wireless sector.
- Analog, digital wireless testing. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;7/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p38
Discusses the differences between analog and digital wireless testing. Dependence of resulting signal quality on competing noise and interference; Frame erasure rate; Need for test equipment to behave like a mobile phone; Digital test gear checks for appropriate ramping; Frequency error or...
- In-service GSM testing. Kopf, David // America's Network;10/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p48
Describes in-service testing of wireless communication technology. Capabilities of the Abis Interface; Communication network architecture.
- 3G delays force flexibility. Mayer, John H. // Test & Measurement World;Nov2002, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p33
Discusses the need for engineers to pursue a test strategy that will adapt to the market's changing and unpredictable needs due to the delay in the deployment of third generation wireless systems. Need for multi-functionality; Importance of automating calibration; Value of bridging research and...
- Special-purpose signal sources invade wireless-communications R&D. Strassberg, Dan // EDN;02/02/98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p105
Reports on the challenge presented to research and development (R&D) in the choosing of test equipment, for the characterization of wireless-communication products. What general-purpose instruments offer but fail to support; Analysis of the emergence of a generation of signal generators.
- Video servers, wireless nets focus of info highway news. Patch, Kimberly // PC Week;1/24/94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p111
Reports on continuing information highway activity centering on video servers and wireless networks. Installation by U.S. West Communications; Unisys spread-spectrum technology implementation by Time Warner Cable and Unisys; McCaw Cellular Communications and Southwest Airlines' AirOne...
- OMA finishes interoperability tests, OKs new sets of specs. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the completion of the two intercompatibility tests conducted by the Open Mobile Alliance in conjunction with the 3GSM World Congress. Decision to approve the sets of specifications.