Globalstar Struggles To Survive
- Globalstar partners may take Loral offer. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
States that Loral Space and Communications has offered to buy partnership interests in Globalstar L.P. Number of partnership interests Loral want to buy; Amount of money Loral is paying per partnership interest.
- Loral completes purchase of Globalstar shares. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p20
Reports that Loral Space and Communications Limited of New York, has completed its purchase of partnership interest in Globalstar L.P. Who the interest was purchased from; Plans of Globalstar for 1999; Financial aspects of the purchase; How half of the total sales proceeds will be used;...
- Global Support Falls. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Outlines the plans of Loral Space & Communications to end its financial support on Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd and plans to write of its investment in the company. Impact of the move on Globalstar; Financial struggles of Global.
- Loral Disputes Reports Of Merger Discussions. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p33
Reports on satellite-telephone service Loral Space & Communications' denial of rumors that it is entertaining merger options. Analysts' similar view of United States satellite service provider PanAmSat; Most important step for Loral in the near-term; Financial results of parent Globalstar...
- Globalstar's Woes Deepen. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the bankruptcy protection filed by Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd. with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. Business partners of Globalstar; Recovery plan of the company; Assets and liabilities of the company.
- Limits of MSS Market Lead Globalstar To File Chapter 11. Velocci, Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/25/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p95
Reports the bankruptcy of Globalstar Telecommunications Limited in the United States. Failure of commercial projects in succession; Absence of any adverse impact of the bankruptcy on Loral; Reduction in the demand for telecommunications services.
- Satellite industry tries to save face. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p84
Reports on the satellite communications industry in the United States. Financial status of satellite communication providers; Overview of the business operations of Globalstar; Technology provided by Qualcomm for the operation of Globalstar; Upgrading of the Globalstar system. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Loral Files for Chapter 11. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p32
Reports that the company Loral Space & Communications Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the third week of July 2003 and has agreed to sell its six North American satellites to the company Intelsat Ltd. for 1.1 billion dollar. Effect of this decision of the company on its...
- Loral Enters Chapter 11. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/21/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p32
Weakened by a mobile communications venture the market didn't buy, United States-based Loral Space & Communications Corp. has been forced to seek bankruptcy protection and sell more than half of its present and future satellite assets valued at $1 billion. The company said last week that,...