Vendors Look For Clarity In Converging Marketplace
- Look again: 2005's budget flush showed up. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;2/6/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the apprehension of the equipment vendors and their investors awaiting fourth quarter earnings that December might brought no budget flush, the abandonment of their annual budgets with year-end spending increases in the U.S. Lucent Technologies Inc. has complained that its...
- Vendor Finance Backfires. Scanlon, Bill; Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;4/23/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the failure of wireless communication companies financing by telecommunication equipment vendors. Reason for a lawsuit filed against Lucent Technologies; Examples of investments by vendors; Ways companies report vendor financing.
- INVESTORS QUESTION CEO PAY. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;1/31/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the increasing salaries of executives in the telecom industry which are drawing increased scrutiny from investors. In late December, Lucent Technologies Inc.'s board more than doubled the total compensation package of its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Pat Russo, to about...
- Limit executive pay to calm investors. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;2/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p18
The article highlights the annual shareholder meetings, which directed toward executive compensation issues. At Lucent Technologies' meeting, for example, one shareholder addressed its directors "all dumbbells." A lot of this anger comes from shareholders' feeling of helplessness, an inability...
- model portfolios. // DRIP Investor;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The big story in the stock market for 2003 was the return of the downtrodden. Indeed, the stocks that performed the best in 2003 were those that had been crushed during the bear market of 2000 through 2002. Two such stocks that surged in 2003 were Lucent Technologies and Motorola. Lucent was up...
- The time to buy is when prices hit the bottom. Klein, Ed // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p7
The article provides information on a variety of topics related to businesses in the U.S. The author advises investors to buy stocks when they are at their lowest and to sell when they are high or when one has reached his goal. Greg Bahnfleth, a training and education manager, urges baby boomers...
- Names for sale ... Ford, Tracy // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p12
Looks at how wireless companies decide on corporate names to be used for merged companies.
- Lucent traces its origins back to 19th century. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p82
Features the Lucent Technologies Inc., a company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets communications systems and technologies. Company history; Acquisition activities; Financial performance for the year ended September 30, 1999; Technologies invented by Lucent's unit, Bell...
- Lucent Technologies, Omaha. // Buildings;Jan1997, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the decision which is being pondered by facilities professionals at Lucent Technologies, Omaha, on whether to convert a 30-year-old steam-driven chiller to a non-chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) chiller. Why the decision was made to convert the chiller rather than replace it.