- Downturn Doesn't Affect Demand. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p32
Reports on increase in demand for wireless services despite an economic downturn in the United States as of April 2001. Increase in subscribers of Cingular Wireless, Leap Wireless and Dobson Communications.
- New year, new looks. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the author's opinion on various issues related to the wireless telecommunication industry. He cites that Cingular Wireless' biggest new look will be transforming itself into AT&T. He points out that the new look of T-Mobile USA will be to begin the transition from an...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p10
Presents updates on the U.S. wireless communication industry as of December 2003. Terms of a deal between Cingular Wireless and SmartTrust; Decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. regarding the price of Cricket's local calling plan; Services offered by TSI Telecommunication Services Inc....
- Leap completes spectrum sales to Cingular, others. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p25
Reports on the completion of the sale of spectrum of Leap Wireless International Inc. to Cingular Wireless LLC. Value of the spectrum; Acquisition of a wireless operating license by Leap from Banana Communications LLC.
- Cingular buys Salt Lake spectrum from Leap. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1
Discusses the deal between Cingular Wireless and Leap Wireless International Inc. regarding the purchase of spectrum in Salt Lake City, Utah. Significance of the agreement to Cingular; Reasons of Leap for acquiring a spectrum; Discussion on Leap's financing.
- Cricket Copycats On The Make. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals why other wireless carriers in the United States are copying the so-called all-you-can-eat wireless offerings of the San Diego, California-based Leap Wireless International Incorporated. Remarks from carriers about their flat-rate calling plans; Leap's largest market.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p30
Reports the survey on the spectrum-starved wireless operator in the purchase of Leap Wireless assets. Absence of business plans for Leap; Prediction on the fate of Leap Wireless; Recovery of the company from bankruptcy.
- Leap reports earnings. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on Leap Wireless Inc.'s announcement that it posted first quarter earnings of $208,000 and added about 20,500 new customers in 1999.
- San Diego firm buys wireless communications license in SLC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/19/99, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p5
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc. as the highest bidder on wireless communications licenses.