UWB Could Boost Economy
- Ultrawideband Wireless: Not-So-New Technology Comes Into Its Own. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;11/11/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p53
Discusses ultrawideband (UWB) wireless technology. Types of data modulation; Basic pulse transmitted by a UWB transmitter; Regulatory issues associated with UWB; Applications. INSET: How UWB Works.
- WIRELESS LANs, PANs, AND MORE CONTINUE TO ROLL. Frenzel // Electronic Design;1/6/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the performance of the wireless communication systems in the U.S. Use of ultra-wideband devices in transmitting video home-entertainment networks; Importance of radio-frequency identification.
- WIRELESS GOES WIDE. Jonietz, Erika // Technology Review;Jun2002, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the function of wireless data transfer in the field of networking. Development of radio technology; Use of ultrawideband; Reduction of interference and higher-bandwidth transmissions.
- UWB train gains steam. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the momentum gained by proponents of ultra-wideband technology in the United States in January 2002. State of sessions participated by government officials; Potential of the technology for military and commercial uses; Concerns on potential interference with radio systems; Arguments...
- First UWB Silicon Hits The Streets. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p19
Talks about the implementation of ultrawideband (UWB) wireless technology with the four-chipset Trinity solution from XtremeSpectrum Inc. Strengths of the UWB technology; Data rates provided by the initial implementation of UWB; Countries wherein XtremeSpectrum plans to open up markets for UWB...
- Tackling Generation And Reception Of UWB Signals. // Microwaves & RF;Feb2004, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p110
Focuses on the challenges in generating ultrawideband (UWB) wireless signals. Applications of the UWB technology; Issues concerning UWB spectrum.
- wider audience for Wideband in 2003? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p48
Presents information on the ultrawideband (UWB) chipsets of XtremeSpectrum. Application of the chipset; Benefit of UWB; Information on the standardization of the wireless technology.
- Ultra Wideband: Get Ready For The Next Wireless Wave. Frenzel, E. // Electronic Design;10/15/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 21, p48
Comments on the application of ultra-wideband (UWB) technology for the next generation wireless systems. Usability of the technology for super high-speed data transmission and radar applications; Technological innovations of UWB; Efficiency of the device.
- disruptive technologies on the 2002 horizon. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
Offers insight on the emerging wireless technologies in 2002. Description of the quad-division multiple access and ultrawideband technologies; Discussion on the idea of having cellular systems without cellular sites; Outlook toward both technologies.