VoiceStream Gives iSteam Official Sendoff
- Wireless redesign. Britt, Phillip J. // Telephony;09/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on several mergers between wireless communication companies in the United States. Challenges faced by the merged companies; Factors driving the success of a wireless combination; Includes SBC Communications and Ameritech's merger; Nynex Mobile and MetroMobile's combination; GTE's...
- Fourth-quarter merger and acquisition activity. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Presents a chart on the merger and acquisition activity in the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States, from October to November 2000.
- Record merger activity slows at year end. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports that the pace of mergers and acquisitions in the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States slowed considerably during the last quarter of 2000.
- The price of freedom. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;01/19/98, Vol. 234 Issue 3, p5
Opinion. Comments on the impact of the merger trends in the United States telecommunication industry on the concept of a seamless, nationwide wireless communication. Failure of several digital platforms to have a seamless coast-to-coast footprint; Merger deal between SBC Communications Inc....
- Tech firms gear up for next wave of Internet advances. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;12/16/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p22
Editorial. Discusses the development of wireless Internet. Telecommunication companies whose share prices have risen on expectations of the technological innovations; Plans by Great Britain's Vodafone Airtouch PLC to acquire Mannesmann AG; Bertelmann Inc.'s use of the Internet to distribute...
- CAPITOL HILL NEWS. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p90
Provides news briefs on wireless communication systems in Washington D.C. as of March 12, 2001. Effort to deny the planned merger between Deutsche Telekom AG and VoiceStream Wireless; Terms under the reciprocal compensation rules planned to be replaced; Results of a research on the effects of...
- Wireless urgency. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p46
Focuses on the Aether Systems telecommunications company. Goal of the company for the wireless industry; Growth of the company's employees from 1999-2000; Acquisition activities of the company; Wireless product offerings of Aether.
- Vodafone-Air Touch: Perfect Fit? // Wireless Review;02/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the acquisition of Air Touch by Vodafone, creating the largest wireless company in the world. Worth of the deal; Problems faced by the merger; Vodafone's plan to start a business deal with Bell Atlantic.
- A sharper wireless image. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p26
Explores Cisco Systems' acquisition of IPmobile, a company with expertise in building third generation Internet Protocol-based wireless communications infrastructure. Cost of the acquisition; Expertise gained by Cisco in the acquisition; Reasons the acquisition made sense for Cisco according to...