Nokia: Unifier Or Divider?
- Inktomi offers an open platform for Internet application development. Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;07/12/99, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p86
Focuses on the acquisition proposal of Microsoft Corp. for Inktomi company. Brief history of Inktomi; Factors that drive Inktomi to open a platform for Web application development.
- Google Buys Motorola Mobility for Patent Protection. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;9/5/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p12
The article discusses the move of Google Inc. to acquire the Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. to settle the patent infringement issues relevant to Google's Android software business. The author relates that Google will gain three things assuming that the deal with Motorola is completed including...
- Platinum users cool to CA offer. Hammond, Mark; Musich, Paula // PC Week;04/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p16
Examines how users of products from Platinum Technology International Inc. are reacting to the efforts of Computer Associates International Inc. to acquire Platinum. Concerns that the users have about the continuance of Platinum's aggressive development of data and systems management software;...
- Websense bids for Surfcontrol. // Network World;4/30/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of SurfControl PLC by security software vendor Websense Inc. for about $400 million in cash in the U.S. The deal will enable Websense to access the BlackSpider software-as-a service offering for web site and electronic mail security of SurfControl. Both...
- Google marches on. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;10/8/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p6
The article reports that search and software vendor Google Inc. has on October 3, 2007 added core security and policy management facilities to the Gmail application in its Google Apps Premier Edition via the purchase of Postini. According to the author, everyone is waiting with bated breath to...
- SPYING A GAP. Douglas, Jeanne-Vida // BRW;9/24/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p38
The article focuses on how Simon Clausen creator of AntiSpywareBOT anti-spyware succeeds with his company PC Tools. Clausen developed a PC help website, wherein after the flow of its visitors continue steadily, he decided to branch out to anti-spy software. The anti-spyware was developed due to...
- You Say You Think it Can't be Done? How to Produce "Perfect" Software. // Software Practitioner;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article offers tips for computer software professionals on developing a perfect software, with reference from the software developed for the Mars Lander, the spacecraft that landed on the planet Mars, which include the use of coding standards, error checking, and maintaining a backup.
- Developer Certifications: Joining the Mainstream. Von Schlag, Patrick // Certification Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p22
This article provides basic guidelines for computer software developers seeking certification. Get the tool, use it and get comfortable with it. The most important preparation step in any certification path is to install, configure and use the tool. Many vendors offer free or inexpensive...
- Turing School of Software & Design. // ColoradoBiz;2015 Special Edition, p90
The article focuses on Turing School of Software & Design, a seven-month program for software development.