Distributional Characteristics of VOT in Children's Voiceless Aspirated Stops and Interpretation of Developmental Trends
- THE MEANING IN WORDS. Perry, Bruce D. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Jan2001, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p4
Provides information on word meaning and language development of children.
- Editorial. Miller, C.; Wright, J.A. // Child Language Teaching & Therapy;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Celebrates the appointment of new editors of the 'Child Language Teaching and Therapy' journal effective on its February 2000 issue. Mission of the journal; Contributions of previous editors to the journal.
- Word Detection in Sung and Spoken Sentences in Children With Typical Language Development or With Specific Language Impairment. Planchou, Clément; Clément, Sylvain; Béland, Renée; Cason, Nia; Motte, Jacques; Samson, Séverine // Advances in Cognitive Psychology;2015, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p118
Background: Previous studies have reported that children score better in language tasks using sung rather than spoken stimuli. We examined word detection ease in sung and spoken sentences that were equated for phoneme duration and pitch variations in children aged 7 to 12 years with typical...
- The "Who" and "Where" of Events: Infants' Processing of Figures and Grounds in Nonlinguistic Events. Göksun-Yörük, Tilbe // Japanese Language & Literature;2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p446
An abstract of the article "The "Who" and "Where" of Events: Infants' Processing of Figures and Grounds in Nonlinguistic Events" by Tilbe GÃ¶ksun-YÃ¶rÃ¼k is presented.
- Phrase-final syllable lengthening and intonation in early child speech. Snow, David // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Aug94, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p831
Describes the development of phrase-final prosodic patterns in English-speaking children. Examination of fall in fundamental frequency of voice in the final syllables of statements; Test of relationship between intonation and syllable timing; Emergence of a pattern of final lengthening toward...
- A Prominence Account of Syllable Reduction in Early Speech Development: The Child's Prosodic... Snow, David // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Oct1998, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1171
Presents an alternative explanation based on the notion of relative prosodic prominence. Prominence and boundary features; Construction of the prominence scale; Discussion on stress/accent system; Prominence scale testing.
- Child language acquisition and language change. Louden, Mark L. // Diachronica;Spring2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p167
Focuses on processes by which child acquires and modifies a language. Role of historical linguistics in shedding light on language change; Overview of causes of language change cited in books "The Development of Language," written by David Lightfoot, and "Language Creation and Language Change,"...
- A reaction time study of grammaticality judgments in children. Wulfeck, Beverly B. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Dec93, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p1208
Studies the grammaticality judgements and decision times for two age groups of normally developing children to determine when parsing decisions are made and how linguistic knowledge affects parsing. Sensitivity to grammatical violations; Developmental changes in sensitivity to different aspects...
- Language Directives. Glazer, Susan Mandel // Teaching Pre K-8;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p92
Focuses on building children's language through word derivatives. Process of language building in children; How to deal with children who decline from language learning; Categories of word origins. INSET: Words created from people's names.