International and comparative labour history
- Better safe than sorry. Wood, Tim // Contract Journal;2/16/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6512, p24
Focuses on the goals of the Construction Health and Safety Summit in February 2001. Information on the safety targets set by the summit; Remarks from Kevin Myers, British Health & Safety Executive's chief inspector of construction, on achieving the targets; Role of CITB-ConstructionSkills in...
- TGWU to target Betz. // Motor Transport;4/24/2003, p3
Talks about the efforts of the TGWU to recruit Willi Betz drivers. Statement from Rachel Webb of the TGWU.
- Eurotunnel single-union battle provides an early test for CAC. // People Management;6/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the single-union deal signed between the T&G and Euro-tunnel which provides an early test for the Central Arbitration Committee. Details on the deal; Why the train drivers' union called Aslef is furious at the deal; Refusal of the company to recognize Aslef.
- TGWU plans its 'charter'. // Motor Transport;9/25/2003, p3
Deals with the launching of the truck driver charter of TGWU. Purpose of the charter; Value of minimum salary goal; Final salary pension schemes for TGWU employees.
- In brief. // Personnel Today;2/18/2003, p3
Presents news briefs related to personnel management as of February 18, 2003. Boycott by members of the Transport and General (T&G) Workers Union over dispute on payments; Search for general secretory by the T&G Workers Union; Observation of level of unemployment in Great Britain.
- Revised NAECI pay offer at T5 angers BAA. // Contract Journal;6/23/2004, Vol. 424 Issue 6481, p1
Reports on the reaction of BAA to the revised National Agreement for the Engineering Construction Industry (NAECI) pay offer. Information on the deal proposed by Amicus, GMB and TGWU with NAECI; Terms of the proposal.
- Best practice jobs deal for Â£220m Brighton scheme. Darcy, John // Contract Journal;7/14/2004, Vol. 424 Issue 6484, p7
Reports on the signing of a best practice agreement on construction site training and employment conditions between Karis Development and the trade union at TGWU for the redevelopment of King Alfred Leisure Centre in Brighton, England on July 14, 2004. Terms of agreement; Supporters of the...
- T&G fears over TNT sale. // Commercial Motor;8/3/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5189, p9
The article reports on a row that has erupted between transport giant TNT and international transport unions over the sale of its logistics division. TNT says the sale will be completed this summer and a coalition of transport unions, represented in Great Britain by the T&G, fear for their...
- History maker. // Commercial Motor;8/16/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5242, p33
An interview with Julia Long, national secretary of the transport sector at the T&G division of Unite, is presented. Long talks about her reasons for wanting to be part of the transport sector. She mentions the challenges facing the sector. She also discusses her plans for the sector during her...