The Left in Northern Ireland 1921-1932
- 'A paper not so much for the armchair but for the factory and the street': Fenner Brockway and the Independent Labour Party's New Leader, 1926ï¿½1946. Kent, Hazel // Labour History Review;Aug2010, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p208
In 1926 the weekly journal of the Independent Labour Party (ILP), the New Leader, welcomed a new editor. Fenner Brockway was an experienced journalist, a committed socialist, and devoted to the ILP. His appointment was a consequence of a more militant left-wing outlook gaining prevalence in the...
- GENERAL MEETING: AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF LABOUR HISTORY. // Labour History;May1969, Issue 16, p74
The article presents information on news and events concerning at the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History. Information on events that took place at the general meeting of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History held on January 11, 1969 in Canberra, Australian...
- Worker to worker Canada-Cuba solidarity. Shartal, Sarah // Canadian Dimension;Oct/Nov94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the activities of the Canadian union organization Worker to Worker/Canada-Cuba Labour Solidarity. Similarities and differences of Cuba's and Canada's labor movements; Cuban unions' unfamiliarity in dealing with multinational companies' type of management; Canadian Labor Congress'...
- Putting `move' back into labor movement. Bole, William // National Catholic Reporter;1/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p3
Looks at the presence of union executive at offices of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of Local 214 in Lowell, Massachusetts. Actions by union workers; Changes to organize labor.
- Organized Labor. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/7/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 42, pp39
Presents a list of labor unions and worker federations in Long Island, New York.
- British Workers and the Independent Labour Party, 1888-1906. Naylor, James // Labour / Le Travail;Spring86, Vol. 17, p328
The article reviews the book "British Workers and the Independent Labour Party, 1888-1906," by David Howell.
- Nonprofits urged to activism as city gears up for electoral changes in 2001 municipal elections. // New York Amsterdam News;05/25/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the sponsorship by management consulting group Nonprofit Connection of a series of forums aimed at encouraging nonprofits to become prepared for electoral changes in the 2001 municipal elections in New York City. Topics for discussion; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT. Burger, Deborah // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Aug2006, Vol. 102 Issue 6, preceding p4
The article shares the author opinion regarding the Kentucky River decision on reclassifying registered nurses as supervisors. According to the author, the move is a serious threat to their union rights and everything the California Nurses Association and the National Nurses Organizing Committee...
- A Study from Abroad. Hwang, Lucia // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Aug2006, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p16
The article offers information on the Korean Health and Medical Workersâ€™ Union. The union has been widely known in its country for its militancy, energy, and their tactics. During the union's visit to the U.S., they learned that the major obstacles and issues they found in their home are...