The Crisis in Labour History: A Further Comment
- LABOUR. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall85, Vol. 16, p377
The article offers information on the goal of the journal "Labour/Le Travail" in Canada. The journal is a review devoted to the interdisciplinary, broad study of Canadian labour history. The journal's editorial board wants to promote imaginative approaches to research and teaching in labour...
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;May99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p218
Presents information on the seasonal adjustments estimates of the employment status in the United States in May 1999. Household data; Establishment data; Region and state labor force data.
- DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES IN THE UPPER MIDWEST. Dugan, Dennis J. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring69, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p48
Analyzes interactions and relationships between the education sector and manpower sector of the Upper Midwest economy. Functional relationship between the willingness to purchase educational services and the price of education; Correlation between the demand for education and the supply of...
- Manpower Needs in 1975. Stambler, Howard // Monthly Labor Review;Apr65, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p378
Part II. Presents detailed projections of manpower needs in the U.S. in 1975. Occupational patterns; Replacement needs; Professional, technical and kindred workers; Managers, officials and proprietors; Clerical workers; Sales workers; Craftsmen, foremen and kindred workers; Operatives and...
- A Model for the Prediction of Manpower Requirements. Crossman, E.R.F.W. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun65, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p669
Presents excerpts from an address delivered in Washington, in April 1965, as of a series of Seminars on Manpower Policy and Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Manpower, Automation and Training, focused on a model for the prediction of manpower requirements in the...
- Manpower Projections: Some Conceptual Problems and Research Needs. Swerdloff, Sol // Monthly Labor Review;Feb66, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p138
Elaborates on the adequacy, reliability and usefulness of manpower projections in the U.S. Purposes of manpower projections; Problems and shortcomings involved in projecting manpower requirements; Inclusion of estimates of the future attrition from the present labor supply.
- Coming of age. Vine, Philippa // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb99, Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the neglect of older workforce in Great Britain. Recruitment policies; Age-limited job advertisements; Elimination of unfair age discrimination.
- What is causing our labour pains? // Filipino Post;3/11/2010, p9
The article discusses the shortage of good labor workforce which is the major challenge the business sector faces.
- Manpower reports weaker hiring locally than nationally. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/28/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p4
Reports decline in manpower hiring in Connecticut. Assessment of employment in Fairfield County; Response of local employers; Unwillingness of companies to give local figures.