Pringles Feed WLAN Fad
- Another War Of Wireless Worlds? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p32
Reports on the compatibility issue concerning orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), a key technology used in high-speed fixed-wireless data systems which might delay the rollout of such networks. Functionality of the OFDM; Details on the Vector OFDM and Wideband OFDM; Standards...
- Starbucks Sippers Still Surfing Via Wi-Fi. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the wireless local area network project of Starbucks Coffee Co. in North America launched in January 2001. Obstacles to the project; Plans of the coffee company; Analysis of the participation of VoiceStream and Sprint PCS with the wireless Internet service providers.
- Comcast commercial online commences wireless lan trial. // LAN Product News;Apr2000, p4
Reports on Comcast Commercial Online Communications Inc.'s commencement of a wireless local area network (LAN) trial in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Features of the LAN technologies utilized in the trial; Overview of Comcast's broadband Internet services.
- EDS LAUNCHES EDS MANAGED WIRELESS LAN. // LAN Product News;May2001, p1
Reports on EDS' launch of the EDS Managed Wireless Local Area Network, an industrial-strength broadband wireless network and services connecting employees and business travelers through voice, video and data transmission. Provision of businesses, public institutions and service providers with...
- What are the wireless LAN alternatives? Jones, Mike // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on wireless communication alternatives to local area networks (LAN). Criteria and standards to consider in evaluating LAN; Infrared-based wireless LAN; Wireless LAN radio technologies; UHF wireless data communication systems narrow band.
- Look Ma, no wires. Kovac, Ron J.; Reineck, Paul // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p50
Highlights the importance of wireless local area networks (WLAN) in communication. Definition of WLAN; How WLAN works; Factors to consider in purchasing a WLAN.
- 802.11b market increases 20 percent. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the status of the wireless local area network market in the second quarter of 2001 in homes and small business markets.
- Columbitech releases Pocket PC, Windows XP versions of Wireless VPN. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the worldwide commercial release of the Pocket PC and Windows XP versions of the Wireless VPN of Columbitech. Functionalty of Wireless VPN; Solutions provided to local area networks.
- Carriers try to find, carve WLAN niche. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the state of the industrial applications of wireless local area networks (WLAN) in the U.S., as of October 2002. Report from Anlysys Research Ltd. on the popularity of WLAN; Acquisition of WLAN service provider MobileStar by T-Mobile; Attitude of the traditional wireless industry...
- Wireless standards vie for your app. Cravotta, Nicholas // EDN;05/13/99, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p60
Deals with several proposed wireless local area network standards in the United States. Comparison of 802.11, Bluetooth, and HomeRF standards; Key design issues; Interoperability among clients. INSETS: Infrared: A viable alternative to RF.;FHSS versus DSSS.;Interoperability and cooperation..