- BITS. // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p16
No abstract available.
- Riding High, Nortel Weaves Together Wireless, Wireline. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the plans of Nortel Networks to merge its wireless and wireline communication businesses into one global unit called Nortel Networks Wireless and Carrier Solutions. Executives who where appointed to the unit; City in Georgia where the unit will be based; Benefits of Nortel's 1998...
- Nortel leader calls Europe dominant in wireless data. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p26
Focuses on the recognition of Nortel Networks president Lloyd Carney of Europe as the dominant player in the wireless data market in Europe. Commitment of the company to the European market; Factor distinguishing Europe from the United States; Forecast on the failure of attempts to restrict...
- Nortel contract delivers wireless access to Ghana. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p24
Focuses on United Communications Systems International's selection of Nortel Networks Corp. to provide a broadband wireless access network to major cities across the Republic of Ghana.
- Nortel reports 3G agreements. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p30
Highlights initiatives announced by Nortel Networks targeting subscribers demanding anytime-anywhere Internet content and services and accelerated time-to-market and time-to-profit third generation wireless telecommunication service.
- Nortel makes UTRAN test call. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Network test call made by Nortel Networks. Basis of the technology; Benefits of the technology to operators; Details on the 3G call made by Nortel.
- Nortel soars on 'Wings of Light'. // Finance Week;12/01/2000, F&T Net p34
Focuses on the Wings of Light strategy of Nortel in relation to its goal of gaining dominance in the market for third-generation wireless networks. Perception of Nortel executive Doug Lowther of the importance of universal mobile telecommunications service in telecommunications; Competition in...
- Foes deride 800 MHz consensus plan. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the opposition received by the consensus plan developed by public safety, private wireless, and Nortel Networks Inc, to solve the public safety interference problem in the 800 megahertz band. Claim of opponents against the plan; Details of the plan; Telecommunication companies that...
- Nortel to equip Spain's Airtel with packet system. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p52
Reports that Nortel Networks has been selected by AirtelMovil SA to supply a wireless/wireline packet network.