Enterprises Weigh Their E-Mail Options
- Carriers Shoot, Miss Goals. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the subscriber situation of wireless communication companies during the fourth quarter of 2001. Effect of the forecast made by Merrill Lynch analyst Bill Choi; Summary of the situation of various wireless carriers; Discussion on the possible reasons for slowing subscriber additions.
- Cell phone number portability to pose problems. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p30
Focuses on the challenges posed by the Wireless Local Number Portability guidelines for the businesses in the U.S. Determination of favorable rate plan for individual employee; Disposal of old equipment; Analysis of contractual conditions and terms.
- Wireless While You Work. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the development of in-building wireless technology in business enterprises in the U.S. Importance of the technology in the extension of wireless services in the enterprise market; Role of wireless carriers in education the potential customers about the product.
- Short runs... // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jul2010, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p42
The article offers world news briefs related to wireless business which include the Hitachi Systems & Services Ltd. (HSAS) in Tokyo that recently deployed an all-wireless network at its Omori Building, the Belden Inc. in Saint Louis, Missouri which is planning to acquire a wireless local area...
- WIRELESS (CELLULAR & PCS). // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p115
Provides the contact information of several companies and providers of wireless communication systems and cellular devices in the U.S. Activation services; Antenna towers and support structures; Amplifiers; Batteries.
- City Bits. Bonura, Chris; Brannon, Keith; Clanton, Brett; McNulty, Ian; Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8
Reports business developments in New Orleans, Louisiana as of August 2001. Provision of wireless connections for Tulane University students; Effect of tropical storm Barry on the production of offshore oil and gas platforms; Receipt of the Community Achievement Award by Slidell.
- Wireless solutions in vogue. Banguis, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p25
Focuses on the effects of mobile technology on the business sector of Indianapolis, Indiana. Prevalence of companies relying on wireless technology; Advantages of personal area networks; Development of the Bluetooth technology for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Wireless World Getting Larger, Impacting Numerous Industries. Pierce, Emmet // San Diego Business Journal;1/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the impact of wireless technology to various industries in San Diego, California, including Qualcomm Inc., financial services industry and real estate businesses.
- Hong Kong's SMS interconnection glitch. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;Sep2001, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the advancement of short text messages (SMS) interconnection in Hong Kong, China. Failure of mobile companies to interconnect SMS networks; Effects of the SMS interconnection delay on operators; Fears of operators over SMS revenues.
- World briefs. // RCR;7/15/96, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p19
Reports on news topics related to the wireless communications industry worldwide. Includes L.M. Ericsson's signing of three-year contract with JT Mobiles Ltd.; Licensing agreement of Qualcomm Inc. and Kenwood Corp.; Expansion of Motorola's Jiangsu Posts and Telecommunications Administration's...