- Carriers get game, ring tones. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the move of Verizon Wireless, AT & T Wireless Services Inc. and Sprint PCS to offer games and downloadable ring tones to its customers. Content service marketing of Verizon; Partnership entered by AT & T and Sprint PCS with Walt Disney Internet Group; Number of applications offered...
- Season Rings In New Tones. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the cellular telephone service providers in the United States which launched ring tones and graphics for the 2001 holiday season. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Cingular Wireless.
- E911 Update: What Major Carriers Have Planned. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p36
Reports developments related to cellular telephone services industry in New York, New York. Installation of the network-only Time Difference of Arrival solution by AT&T Wireless; Plans of Nextel to install an assisted global positioning system (GPS) hybrid solution; Selling of an ALI-capable...
- Dropped calls. Tran, Muoi // Fortune;9/15/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p36
Presents a chart showing the performance of various cellular telephone companies as of September 2003. AT&T Wireless; Cingular; Nextel; Sprint PCS; T-Mobile; Verizon Wireless; Number of customers.
- Spectrum may trump technology in choosing consolidation partner. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
Points that the problem of spectrum coverage will become the deciding factor companies in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. to consolidate. Explanation behind the concern of companies toward spectrum coverage; Information on the deals completed by Verizon Wireless in its quest for...
- Landline group says Cingular/AWS merger to cost consumers
$2.7B more annually. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Deals with the proposed merger of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Implications of the proposed merger on the prices of wireless and landline telephony services in the U.S.; Impact on wireless consumers.
- Cingular Spends $41B on AT&T Wireless. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the amount tendered by Cingular Wireless LLC to acquire AT&T Wireless. Estimated global system for mobile communication customers of the combined company; Bids of Cingular and Vodafone for the company; Terms under the agreement approved by Cingular.
- In ironic turn, survey ranks AWS as top business carrier. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the results of a survey on the wireless industry, conducted by Forrester Research Inc. in the U.S. in 2004. Background on the market performance of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Factors cited by Verizon Wireless as positives for customers; Outlook for the merger between...
- WILL AT&T LEAVE YOU ON HOLD? Fonda, Daren // Time;2/2/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p81
Reports that AT&T Wireless, the third largest cell-phone carrier in the U.S., has announced it is up for sale. Speculation that Cingular has offered $30 billion for the company, and that rivals will offer more; Claim by analysts that consolidation within the industry could mean fewer promotions...