- Up-and-Coming. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;6/4/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p68
Discusses how the increased demand for software-based data services in cellular telephones would enable Asian cellular service companies to overthrow the market leadership of Nokia company. Partnerships forged by Asian companies with established cellular phone manufacturers; How the...
- Wot R They Up 2? O'Leary, Noreen // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/17/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p26
Reports that cellular industry Nokia Corp. is focusing on teens for its products. Percentage of teens and college students who are having cellphones in the U.S. and Europe; Reason behind the use of cellular phones by teens; Developments made by the company in their products to attract teens.
- Agere Nabs China Cell Phone Contract. Morrison, Gale // Electronic News;11/5/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the cellular telephone contract received by Agere Systems Inc. from PTIC Capitel. Growth of global system for mobile communication cellular telephone market in China; Features of the telephone; Cellular telephone services of Capitel.
- Nokia exec predicts W-CDMA vendors will consolidate to four. O-Dwyer, Gerard // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p1
Predicts the consolidation of wireless code division multiple access (W-CDMA) vendors, according to J.T. Bergqvist, vice president and head of the Internet Protocol mobility network division of Nokia Corp. Market share of vendors with global market; Source of the long-term forecast of the...
- Wall Street sighs on Nokia low-end phone sales, delights at Motorola's revenues. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p4
Focuses on the financial performance of the international handset market in the third quarter of 2005. Net profit posted by Nokia; Increase in the revenue posted by Motorola for the period ending; Operating profit of the handset division of LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Nokia fights back. // Wireless Asia;Oct2004, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Highlights figures from Gartner which showed that Nokia managed to increase its handset market share in second quarter 2004. Other leading companies in terms of worldwide handset sales to end-users for 2004; Comparison with 2003 market share.
- Nokia creates 'industry first' Twitter app. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);12/6/2012, p3
The article reports that cellphone maker Nokia has launched Tweetsender as part of an effort to segment its Twitter audience by the devices they own.
- Nokia Points To High-Speed Future, Shows World Phone In New Orleans. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the telephone models and technologies launched by Nokia Corp.'s at the Wireless 2000 telecommunications exhibition. General Packet Radio Service; Enhanced Data rate for Global Evolution service; 8890 dual-band GSM 900Mhz/1.9Hz cellular telephone.
- Nokia Rocks Its Rivals. Guyon, Janet // Fortune;3/4/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p115
Profiles telecommunications company Nokia, which posted operating profits in 2001, despite most of the industry's loss of money. Rise in unit sales of Nokia cellular handsets; Question of whether Nokia's technophones will impress consumers; Issue of how to keep Nokia growing as the market...