- Wireless depreciation amendment on deck. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p5
Reveals that an amendment to an economic stimulus bill in the United States Congress will benefit the cellular telephone services industry. Sponsor of the amendment; Details on how the industry will benefit from the bill's amendment.
- 'Look at wireless,' cry broadband de-reg proponents. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p10
Explains why the supporters of the data relief bill in the United States Congress believe that allowing Baby Bells to offer long-distance data services is a good example of deregulation. Information on the efforts to deregulate wireless communication industry; Arguments of opponents.
- Stepping back on 411. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p10
Comments on a bill signed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger which aims to protect the privacy of wireless consumers in the state. Plan to create the 411 directory of wireless telephone numbers in the U.S.; Implications of the regulation on wireless carriers in the state; Efforts by...
- Proposed e-waste ban in California draws on EU model. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the introduction of Measure AB 2202 that would require makers of electronic equipment to phase out the use of hazardous materials in all devices sold in California by 2008. The law would expand the prohibition to include any electronic or battery-operated devices including...
- Louisiana bills hit wireless from 3 angles. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/13/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the reaction of the cellular telephone industry to a legislation that would replace the existing telecommunication tax with a local excise tax in Louisiana. Effects of the bill on the industry; Provisions of another bill that would require mobile telephone carriers to implement...
- CPUC on course to overhaul telecom bill of rights. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the opening of hearings to overhaul the telecommunication consumer protection bill by the California Public Utilities Commission from September 28 to 30, 2005. Involvement of commissioner Susan Kennedy on rewriting the bill of rights; Efforts of the mobile phone industry to prevent...
- Consumer Rights Initiatives Make Comeback in NY. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the status of two bills passed in the New York Legislature aimed at protecting cellular telephone users. Efforts of the American Association of Retired Persons to urge the state to adopt rules that will provide the most consumer protection as possible; Potential impact of the bill if...
- Defense Watch. // Defense Daily;3/21/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 53, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. defense industry. Senator Susan Collins has introduced an amendment to a small-business legislation, which would attach to it a defense appropriations bill. Lockheed Martin has been awarded a subcontract from Northrop Grumman. APIC Corp. has...
- Verizon launches in Georgia, Alabama. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Announces the launching by Verizon Wireless of its branded service in Georgia and Alabama.