Earthlink Snaps Up OmniSky
- IT'S EARTH TO TW. Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;11/21/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 57, p1
Reports on United States-based Time Warner's business agreement with Internet service provider EarthLink as of November 21, 2000. Details of the cable television-based Internet service agreement; Implications for Time Warner's proposed merger with America Online.
- BBDO Gains Site; Seeks Portal. Dawson, Angela; Linnett, Richard // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/08/99, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p70
Reports on the merger of Internet-service providers, EarthLink and MindSpring. Implications to the agencies that handle their advertising account; Estimated billings of the combined account.
- EARTHLINK AGREES TO BUY NEW EDGE NETWORKS FOR CASH AND STOCK. // CardLine;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 50, pN.PAG
The article reports on the agreement of Internet service provider EarthLink Inc. to acquire New Edge Networks. EarthLink will buy New Edge Networks in cash and with shares of EarthLink's common stock. According to EarthLink, the cash will cover certain liabilities of New Edge Networks.
- BBDO Gains Site; Seeks Portal. Dawson, Angela; Linnett, Richard // Adweek Southeast Edition;11/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p70
Reports on the merger of Internet service providers, EarthLink and MindSpring. Implications of the merger to their advertising agencies, BBDO and Fallon McElligott; Value of the advertising account; Advertising duties won by BBDO for FT.com, a Web site for the `Financial Times.'
- Let's make a deal. Levine, Shira // Telephony;07/21/97, Vol. 233 Issue 3, p43
Presents information on Earthlink Network's customer acquisition program. Financial advantage for smaller internet service providers (ISP); Customer growth for Earthlink.
- EarthLink pumps up dial-up. // CED;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
Introduces the EarthLink Plus dial-up Internet service from EarthLink Inc. Use of a proprietary, Web acceleration tool from Propel Software Corp; Reduction of the size of Web pages and page elements sent to customer browsers; Cost of the service.
- Boingo follows the bouncing traveler with national WiFi access. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on the Boingo Wireless online service of Internet service provider Earthlink. Frustrations of consumers on cyber-related products; Features of WiFi wireless standard; Accessibility of WiFi technology.
- EarthLink Adds Wi-Fi Service. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p27
Reports the addition of a public wireless Wi-Fi service into the Internet network of access provider EarthLink in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 3G delays good for some. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p18
Reports the business performance of internet service providers GoAmerica and OmniSky in the U.S. Improvement of wireless technology; Profit increase of service providers; Impact of wireless services on customers.