Congress Blasts NextWave Proposal
- NextWave fires litigation salvo to keep licenses. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Highlights NextWave Telcom Inc.'s claim that the United States Federal Communications Commission is attempting to re-auction its licenses before a federal appeals court can rule whether it has the authority to do so.
- New Era For NextWave. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the business operation of NextWave Telecom. Speculation on the investments received by the company.
- Time Up For NextWave? Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the problems faced by the wireless communication service providers NextWave Telecom. Legal battle with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the spectrum; Previous investment capitals of NextWave; Outlook for the company.
- Another day, another appeals court for C-block debacle. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Reports on bankrupt PCS operator NextWave Telecom Inc.'s filing of a petition for review with the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit `for protective purposes.' Company's filing of a longer and more-detailed petition for reconsideration with the Federal Communications Commission...
- AIR ERRORS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;6/2/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the federal bankruptcy law when it repossessed NextWave Telecom Inc.'s 90 spectrum licenses in the C and F blocks. Plan to sell its licenses to Cingular Wireless; Estimated value of the licenses.
- Kerry straddles fence on high-tech. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p9
Examines the strategy of presidential candidate and Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.) in public policy-making centered on telecommunications and high technology issues in the U.S. His proposal to cancel bids for the bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.; Controversy on his support for overseas outsourcing.
- Anything But a Speedy Recovery. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Presents several indications that the wireless industry will recover in 2002. Information on the resolution of NextWave Telecom in the United States Congress; Telecommunication companies' adoption of modest growth plans; Increase in business contracts between carriers and suppliers.
- FCC sets re-auction date, defends restructuring. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the rejection of bankrupt Nextwave Telecom Inc.'s request to the United States Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to cancel and re-auction the company's licenses.
- NextWave gets early holiday gift. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Reports that NextWave Telecom Inc. has received financial backing to allow the company to pay its bid for personal communications service licenses in 1996 to the United States government. Global Crossing Ltd. and Liberty Medial Corp as among the companies that have made equity investments in...