GOING DIGITAL: ONE SMALL STEP FOR EQUIPMENT MAKERS, ONE LARGE STEP FOR YOUR LAB
- Like SOUP & SANDWICH. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p12
A comparison of soft lap polishers for digital surfacing generators is presented including the NSLP Dual-Head Soft Lap Polisher from DAC International, the Multi-Axis Adaptive Technology from Gerber Coburn and the Duo-FLEX and Toro-FLEX from Satisloh.
- Essilor's Tips for Working With a Digital Surfacing Laboratory. Hartlin, Pete // 20/20;Sep2012, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p118
The article discusses the tips for working with digital surfacing laboratories.
- Raising the Bar. Little, Linda // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p6
The article offers a look at various optical laboratories equipment designed to improve lens design. Schneider developed a range of surfacing solutions to improve the production capability of processing machines. OptoTech launched its smartLAB Powerline offering the elements needed for fully...
- Juggling Your Inventory Resources. Tinson, Rick // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p20
The article offers ideas for optical laboratories on inventory management. It cites the elements necessary for inventory planning, along with a description of the inventory planning style of HOYA. It explains the ways to measure the fill rate of a laboratory. It also provides tips on...
- A Glimpse of Next-gen Food Stores. Bishop, Bill // Progressive Grocer;Oct2014, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p148
The article describes possible concepts of the next generation of food stores. Stores are expected to be smaller, carry fewer products and to be located closer to home. Retailers will offer more personalized services and use digital technology to communicate with customers. Data analysis will be...
- TECHTALK. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 44 Issue 02E, p22
The article provides technical information that labs can use. These include the method of passing a complex cribbing shape to the generator that will crib along the knife edges of the surfaced lens while staying outside the frame shape, Schneider Optical Machines' new DBA and TSA Modulo that...
- Getting the most from your digital lab. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Sep2012, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p116
In this article, the author discusses the tips for opticians on understanding how digital optical laboratories work. It informs that lab's quality and lens verification process must be understood by an optician along with the prescriptions from both doctor and by the optical laboratory which he...
- DAC Intros Specialty Lens Designer Software. // Vision Monday;5/18/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p058
The article reviews the Specialty Lens Designer software from DAC International.
- DAC International Updates ISO 9001 System. // Vision Monday;1/18/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p038
The article reports on the revision by DAC International of its standard operating procedures to reflect the adoption of new ERP software.