Eradication of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an adult patient with cystic fibrosis
- Ceftolozane/Tazobactam. Cada, Dennis J.; Wageman, Jesse; Baker, Danial E.; Levien, Terri L. // Hospital Pharmacy;Jun2015, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p526
The article offers information on the drug ceftolozane/tazobactam used as anti-infective agent. Topics discussed include the use of the drug in disease like urinary tract infections (UTIs), clinical pharmacology of the drug, effectiveness of ceftolozane/tazobactam against gram-negative bacilli,...
- IV treatment for bacterial infections. // Clinical Advisor;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p29
The article offers brief information on Teflaro from Forest Laboratories Inc.
- Pneumonia during the treatment of acute leukemia. // British Medical Journal;11/8/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6250, p1235
Examines the influence of pneumonia on the illness and mortality among patients with acute leukemia being treated with chemotherapy. Increase of infection with the degree of neutropenia; Production of sputum and radiological signs of pneumonia; Effectiveness on the combination of tobramycin and...
- TOBI helps patients with cystic fibrosis. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p96
Presents excerpts from the paper `Intermittent Administration of Inhaled Tobramycin in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis,' by B.W. Ramsey, M.S. Pepe, et al, published in the `New England Journal of Medicine' magazine. Use of inhaled tobramycin in treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Successful implementation of infection control strategies prevents P. aeruginosa transmission among cystic fibrosis patients inside the hospital. Matt, Benedikt; Mitteregger, Dieter; Renner, Sabine; Presterl, Elisabeth; Assadian, Ojan; Diab-Elschahawi, Magda // GMS Hygiene & Infection Control;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Background: The aim of this study was to characterise the epidemiology of P. aeruginosa isolated from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients at the Vienna General Hospital (VGH) by molecular genetic fingerprinting in order to understand transmission ways and to evaluate the established infection control...
- Novel combination of two drugs improves lung function. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/23/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 8009, ph2689
The article discusses research being done which examined the efficacy of a combination of two drugs, used to correct levels of the transmembrane protein, to treat patients with cystic fibrosis, as reported in the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- Population Pharmacokinetics of Continuous Infusion Ceftazidime. Frame, B.C.; Facca, B.F.; Nicolau, D.P.; Triesenberg, S.N. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;1999, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p343
Objective: The purpose of this study was to develop and validate a model that predicts clearance and steady-state ceftazidime concentrations during continuous infusion. Design: This was a prospective clinical observational trial. Two models describing drug clearance during the continuous...
- Inhaled Tobramycin (TOBIÂ®): A Review of its Use in the Management of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infections in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. Cheer, Susan M.; Waugh, John; Noble, Stuart // Drugs;2003, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p2501
Specifically formulated for nebulisation using the PARI LC PLUSâ„¢ reusable nebuliser, tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) [TOBI[sup Â®]] provides a high dose of tobramycin (an aminoglycoside antibacterial with good activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa) to the lungs of patients...
- Cystic Fibrosis Drug Combination Shows Promise. // AARC Times;Sep2015, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p60
The article discusses the results of the clinical trials of a new drug for people with cystic fibrosis.