- Colleagues mourn the loss of John Webb, 87. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p784
A eulogy for John W. Webb, a recipient of the 1986 Harvey A. K. Whitney Lecture Award, and director of pharmacy at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston, is presented.
- Crisis in hospital pharmacy. Fullerton, S.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/13/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6548, p644
Reports the resignation of several hospital pharmacists in Great Britain. Decline in impatient pharmacy services and outpatient dispensaries; Plans of the Pharmaceutical Whitley Council to increase pharmacists salary; Reasons for the resignation of junior pharmacists.
- Indispensable. Bilchik, Gloria Shur // AHA News;01/11/99, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the evolution of hospital pharmacy. Contributions of Medieval Arab pharmacists; First hospital pharmacy in the United States; Main reason for hiring a hospital pharmacist in the 1920s; Factors that changed hospital pharmacy practices.
- Roster of residents completing ASHP-accredited programs in calendar year 2003. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 16, p1679
Presents a roster of residents completing American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)-accredited programs in the U.S. in calendar year 2003. Pharmacy practice residencies; Special residencies.
- Patient assistance database. Bass, Bonnie; Vriezelaar, Carolyn // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 16, p1690
Presents a letter to the editor of the 'American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy,' discussing the importance of having database access to manufacturer-sponsored patient assistance programs in hospital pharmacies.
- Pharmacy practice in hospitals takes more expansive turn. Cardinale, Val // Drug Topics;1/4/99, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the report of the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP) on wide array of services performed by hospital pharmacists. Responsibility of pharmacists on making formularies and treatment plans; Drug-use evaluations; Reviews conducted by pharmacists when medication orders are...
- Salaries and staffing heading upwards for all practice settings. Fleming Jr., Harris // Drug Topics;12/7/98, Vol. 142 Issue 23, p67
Discusses the optimism expressed by respondents to the `Drug Topics/Hospital Pharmacist Report' survey about the changes in salary and staffing in 1999. Expected increase in salaries of pharmacists in drug chains; Anticipated increase in salaries of pharmacists in hospitals; Key word on the...
- ASHP Board of Directors Award of Honor. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, pe1
The article announces that Charles R. Denham received the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Board of Directors Award of Honor on December 5, 2011; a brief summary of his career is also presented.
- Predictors of Publication Productivity Among Hospital Pharmacists in France and Quebec. Lelie`vre, Joachim; Bussie`res, Jean-Francxois; Lebel, Denis; Prot-Labarthe, Sonia // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education;Jan2011, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p1
Objective. To describe publications by hospital pharmacists in France and Quebec and evaluate factors predictive of publication productivity. Method. Variables related to scientific publication productivity were identified through a search of the literature and organized into 4 themes (ie,...