Consortium of Utilities, NSSS Vendors and the Constructors
- Utility, Industry & Corporation News. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Presents several developments related to nuclear power industry around the World as of January 01, 2003. Safety award won by Grand Gulf Nuclear Station of Entergy Corp.; Agreement between Advanced Measurement Technology of Ametek Inc. and Hymatic Engineering Co. Ltd. for usage of coolers of...
- Improved Competitiveness. Muto, Sakae // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the competitiveness of the nuclear industry in Japan as of 2003. Number of nuclear plants under construction; Evaluation of plant competitiveness based on model calculation and utilities' financial statements; Reduction of power outages; Standardization and reevaluation of...
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Aug2000, p107
Presents several charts and graphs which dealt with the status of the United States nuclear energy industry as of May 2000. Nuclear power plant operations; Nuclear generating units.
- America's aging nuclear reactors. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;05/26/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p3
Deals with the status of the nuclear power plants in the United States as of May 2000. Why the nuclear power industry is winning the debate over the future of the aging plants; Criticism against the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; Issue of AmerGen Incorporated's purchase of the Clinton, Illinois...
- The Atomic Bomb. Atance, Christian // Latin Trade (English);Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the privatization of Argentina's nuclear power plants. Reason behind the delay of the construction of nuclear power plants; Details on the privatization plan; Why some international firms departed from the power-generating business.
- Preparing for a nuclear return? // Modern Power Systems;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p88
No abstract available.
- IAEA examines nuclear plans. // Modern Power Systems;Jan96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the visit to Vietnam by a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), to assess the possibility of a nuclear power industry for the country. Vietnamese Government's hopes for study to examine introduction of nuclear power during 1996; Plans to build nuclear power plant.
- Seven out of 10 for Germany. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p5
Informs that seven German nuclear plants are among the list of the ten most productive nuclear power plants in the world, according to the German Nuclear Forum.
- NUCLEAR POWER RATE REGULATION AFTER EASTERN ENTERPRISES: ARE RATEPAYERS BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE? Watkins, Claire A. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Fall2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p191
Discusses how ratepayers of nuclear powered electric utilities could construct a legal argument in support of their policy position. Details on the rise and fall of the nuclear industry; Information on the costs associated with nuclear power.
- People continue to support Temelin plant. // Modern Power Systems;Nov2000, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p12
Reports that public support in the Czech Republic for the Temelin nuclear power plant remains high in spite of worries in Austria and Germany about its safety. Increase in public support for the project between April 1999 and June 2000; Actions taken by the Austrian government in opposition of...