Ethical Principles Associated With the Publication of Research in ASHA's Scholarly Journals: Importance and Adequacy of Coverage
- The 1st COPE South American Seminar - Brazil 2012. Shinkai, Rosemary S. // Revista Odonto Ciencia;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p188
The article offers information on the 1st Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) South American Seminar to be held in Florianopolis, Brazil in November 2012.
- The importance of avoiding plagiarism in scientific papers. Guglielmi, Francesco William; Mazzuoli, Silvia // Nutritional Therapy & Metabolism;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p103
The authors reflect on the importance of avoiding plagiarism in scientific papers. They suggest that plagiarism in scientific papers is an issue that concerns universities, scientific journals and health institutes. They argue that authors of scientific papers need to be aware of the possibility...
- Coauthorship and 'soft colonialism'. Malone, Ruth E.; Barnoya, Joaquin // Tobacco Control;Jul2015, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p315
The author reflects on the concept of joint authorship. Topics discussed include the commitment made by the publication "Tobacco Control" to help authors from developing countries prepare their documents for peer review, the lack of knowledge concerning joint authorship, and the importance of...
- Avoidance of Inappropriate Authorship and Self-Plagiarism. Wilson, Denise // Nursing Praxis in New Zealand;Nov2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on occasional conversations the journal's Editorial Board have regarding the quality of a manuscript and the degree of involvement some named authors actually had in its preparation. She focuses on appropriate authorship and self-plagiarism which are the two areas where...
- From the Coordinator. Hoffman, LaVae M. // Perspectives on Language Learning & Education;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the activities of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) in 2013 and 2014. Topics discussed include the continuing education programs proposed by the ASHA through its main journal, "SIG 1," and the highlights of the organization's Annual Convention held in...
- From the Coordinator. Lowe, Mary Ann // Perspectives on Augmentative & Alternative Communication;Jan2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
No abstract available.
- The problem with publications. Omoregie, Esohe C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/30/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7804, p967
In this article, the author talks about the importance of writing a research paper and getting it published and the impact it has on the careers of medical students and doctors and shares his own experience of getting his research published.
- Stay on top of what's happening at ASHA–awards and grants, professional events, new appointments and more. // ASHA Leader;4/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p61
The article offers American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) news briefs as of April 2013. The 2013 ASHA Schools Conference will be held at Long Beach, California in July 12-14, 2013. ASHA needs two scholarly journal editors for American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Journal...
- What Would You Do? DOUGHERTY, DENISE // ASHA Leader;11/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p30
The article describes scenarios that may present audiologists and speech-language pathologists (SLP) with ethics-related issues and questions in November 2013. It highlights the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's (ASHA) Code of Ethics as a guide for solo practitioners in their...