- Brooks Announces Market Share Gains. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;12/22/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the increase in market share posted by Brooks Sports Inc., a sporting goods retailer. A market share increase from 18.9% to 21.4% was posted by Brooks in the past six months. Almost 80% of Brooks' products are sold in the specialty running channel which enabled it to gain...
- THE MANY FACES OF VENDOR-OWNED RETAIL. Siber, Kate // SGB;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the changes in the sporting goods retail sector. It is said that the number of retail stores, owned and run by the manufacturers themselves, are increasing and they are also focusing on the online retail operations. It is said that manufacturers are setting their own...
- Classic retailing in Germany gains from online players' latest openings. // EuroProperty;11/4/2013, p24
The article offers information on the condition of classic and online retailing in Germany as of 2013. It mentions that online retail grows at about 20% per year while classic retailing only increase by 1% per year. It notes that there were 496 signed lease contracts during the first half of...
- Research State-By-Statement. Brown, Don J. // Dealernews;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p76
Presents statistical data on retail sales of sporting goods in the U.S.
- How Retail and Shopping Will Change in the Future. Albert, Christina; Beach, Meghan // NSGA Now;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to the future of the retail trade including what are the current trends in the industry, what will remain a trend versus what is only a fad and how can retailers compete with online giants like Amazon who are changing the customers' perspective...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Summer2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p91
A quiz concerning retail of sporting goods is presented.
- Sporting goods. // Discount Store News;3/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p19
Compiles news topics related to the retail trade of sporting goods in the United States as of March 17, 1997. Includes strategy used by Sam's Club sporting goods in displaying two-room cabin tent; Sharing of company bonuses by Sports & Recreation; Mass channel distribution of electronic dart...
- sporting goods. // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p27
Presents updates on the sporting goods business as of January 2001. Expansion of Bass Pro Shops; Automation of the supply chain of Sport Chalet; Estimated losses of Global Sports in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- WHAT'S YOUR RETAIL IQ? // SGB;Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
A quiz concerning retail and sporting goods is presented.